Moving to Sheffield on 01/05/2012

Good luck - there are plenty of interest groups on here for hobbies and other activities, have a look through them there may be something you fancy doing, a good way of meeting new people and networking with the eventual aim of securing work.

Sheffield's a wonderful place, and being a Hammer I know your allegiances will lie towards S6 not S2! ;)

Have to say as a Londoner and a Hammer, I moved to S6 end of this March and liking it a lot esp...its a lot cheaper for a season ticket for the football up here.

good luck to the o/p

Have to say as a Londoner and a Hammer, I moved to S6 end of this March and liking it a lot esp...its a lot cheaper for a season ticket for the football up here.

good luck to the o/p

Why would an hammers season ticket be cheaper "up here"?

good luck to the o/p

I know a few Hammers fans here in Sheffield, nice bunch, supporting a proper club and they appreciate decent football. (Big Sam's effective football isn't included in this!) ;)

Nice to hear your 2nd teams now Wednesday, with days like Wycombe last day of the season I can't wait for next season to start now! :)

I know a few Hammers fans here in Sheffield, nice bunch, supporting a proper club and they appreciate decent football. (Big Sam's effective football isn't included in this!) ;)

Nice to hear your 2nd teams now Wednesday, with days like Wycombe last day of the season I can't wait for next season to start now! :)

Cheers Paul, its been one of the better seasons all round :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.:)

Been here nearly a fortnight now, and having successfully completed the trials of working out shower/cooker/washing machine I'm continuing to feel more settled.

I bought a supertram for £46 and am amazed at how late all the transport goes on - almost midnight! I've got to know my local area quite well and have found that Morrisons is the best shopping option and worth the tram and bus ride. I also went into a local shop the other day and managed to buy a small bottle of water and a Mars Bar for less than a pound(!)

I'm now working on my CV as I await the arrival of some parcels that I sent up from Plymouth. I may have a little bit of part-time work coming up shortly too.

I've decided that I will initially (at least) become a Blade as it's closer. Sorry Owls!

Good Luck on your move.

I actually spent three glorious happy years down in Plymouth doing a degree.

I loved the place, the people, the weather, the sea.

After graduating I worked in the SW for a while, then London, but ended up back in Sheffield, the city I grew up in.

I am sure you are doing the right thing.

Thanks everyone.:)

Been here nearly a fortnight now, and having successfully completed the trials of working out shower/cooker/washing machine I'm continuing to feel more settled.

I bought a supertram for £46 and am amazed at how late all the transport goes on - almost midnight! I've got to know my local area quite well and have found that Morrisons is the best shopping option and worth the tram and bus ride. I also went into a local shop the other day and managed to buy a small bottle of water and a Mars Bar for less than a pound(!)

I'm now working on my CV as I await the arrival of some parcels that I sent up from Plymouth. I may have a little bit of part-time work coming up shortly too.

I've decided that I will initially (at least) become a Blade as it's closer. Sorry Owls!

Now that is cheap. Though having said that I seem to remember that Stagecoach bought them all for about a quid.

try the recruitment agencies - i moved to sheffield without a job and they found me one within 2 weeks.

Ignore the doom-mongerers, there are plenty of jobs in customer service/admin/call centres about, not the most glamorous jobs but good enough to pay the rent while you look for something more suitable.

Sheffield is a very easy place to settle in, loads going on and generally a very friendly place. loads of people move here for uni/college and never leave.

Good luck!

muahahahahahahaaaaa

Archived