Would send your NI and personal details in the post?

What's the worry?

You do realise just how much information about all of us is sent by post every day?

Buy a house - there's all your bank details, address etc sent by ordinary post by your solicitors.

Go to hospital at all - your GP gets copy letters from the hospital by post. If someone, eg a solicitor or insurer, asks for full copies of your medical records, they're sent by normal post.

All letters to you from the inland revenue are sent by post containing your NINO. I get my P60 posted to me every year (god knows why work don't just pass it me).

I could go on and on and on.

Post is used day after day as a means of transporting sensitive information. That'll never change, so I wouldn't worry. All the information you'd be sending is being posted between people in one way or another anyway.

All your valuable information... Remind us again, NI number, name and address...

You're exaggerating aren't you.

Your name and address are already public domain, and your NI number is worthless.

Clarkson said the same and then £1000's went missing from his bank account.

If they're of no use then post your NI No and other details on the netand prove us wrong.

A friend of mine has just recently found out that an illegal immigrant has been working for nearly 2 years under her identity and it has caused such a headache and problems with her benefits.

Clarkson said the same and then £1000's went missing from his bank account.

If they're of no use then post your NI No and other details on the netand prove us wrong.

A friend of mine has just recently found out that an illegal immigrant has been working for nearly 2 years under her identity and it has caused such a headache and problems with her benefits.

No actually he said that his bank account details were no use and then someone signed him for a direct debit.

His NI number was nothing to do with it.

Do you have a bank account? With paper statements? That's all your bank account details going through the post anyway! Which was where we were talking about sending this information, posting it on the internet was never part of it.

It's to you at the end of the day, but you're being paranoid.

Thanks, so Nationwide branches can set up Cheshire accounts? I asked if you could go to a branch on the phone and they said no.

I just find it odd that after years of warning us all about identity theft and giving out personal details, posting all your valuable information which would be a identity theft dreams lottery, banks now encourage it :confused:

If you're a dodgy posty or sorting office worker all you need to look for is mail marked Freepost RSUC-ZKGH-GRAY, Cheshire Building Society, Swindon, SN38 1NW and you'll everything needed packaged ready done for you.

That postcode is for NWD HQ

No actually he said that his bank account details were no use and then someone signed him for a direct debit.

His NI number was nothing to do with it.

Do you have a bank account? With paper statements? That's all your bank account details going through the post anyway! Which was where we were talking about sending this information, posting it on the internet was never part of it.

It's to you at the end of the day, but you're being paranoid.

Maybe I am been paranoid but as explained my friend had her personal details stolen and used for 2 years which caused her to have all her benefits stopped and rent arrears so you can understand why I'm wary

I bank online but going to move the ISA to Skipton and open it at a branch instead and loose a bit of interest for less hassle and peace of mind.

Archived