Do you shop around?

Don't you speak Forum? It's strange that someone who seems to spend a lot of their life online, doesn't even understand the language. Only IMO, or even IMHO, of course. :rolleyes:

Obviously not rubydazzler .. you question my time online ? why ?

Rich-It didnt cost me anything in postage it was free postage and normally i would agree with what your saying but in terms of a £2.75 memory card does the quality of it really matter that much it will store things and thats all i want it to do.

The Guy-Obviously i dont drive around shopping i purely use web only sites and obviously do consider postage costs when pricing up a deal.

Obviously not rubydazzler .. you question my time online ? why ?
ermm, because I couldn't understand why you were pretending not to understand what imo stands for? Because I was being nosey? Because I thought you were just having an unnecessary go at Rich? Could have been any one of those. :)

Here's a few more for you ... http://www.sharpened.net/acronyms/ Don't bother to thank me ...

Now BOT .. I don't buy online because I like to see what I'm getting before I pass over my hard earned cash. I would shop around for a major purchase but not everyday, peanuts stuff.

Wasnt it a pain having to put a space in between each of the letters in order to colour them individually because its tricky highlighting only one letter in a word, then put them all back again afterwards?

What was this thread about again??

You could have just used your arrow keys and shift to highlight each letter in turn.

jb

Shopping around is always best whether it is online or on the high street. But many sales are copied by other retailers, so they are usually quite a competitive price anyway.

eBay is probably where you will find the best bargain, like someone said earlier.

I do shop around - even for the family shop. Do it fortnightly and go to the cheaper supermarkets (ALDI, LIDL and Iceland) before finishing at Tesco or Sainsbury's (has Sainsbury's got an apostrophe?).

It takes about an extra hour (so three instead of two) but I reckon that I must save 40% on our grocery bill. I reckon it adds about three miles onto the journey too.

It takes a while to work out which items from the cheaper supermarkets are good value and which aren't but I do save money.

I do shop around - even for the family shop. Do it fortnightly and go to the cheaper supermarkets (ALDI, LIDL and Iceland) before finishing at Tesco or Sainsbury's (has Sainsbury's got an apostrophe?).

It takes about an extra hour (so three instead of two) but I reckon that I must save 40% on our grocery bill. I reckon it adds about three miles onto the journey too.

It takes a while to work out which items from the cheaper supermarkets are good value and which aren't but I do save money.

Have you tried one of those supermarket comparison sites, to see which supermarkets do your items cheapest? Is there such a thing?

The thing that gets me is people say i dont shop around because it isnt worth it but it really IS.

Fair enough i understand the point that most of the time you will only save pence BUT at the end of the day pence makes pounds and alot of the time if you do it really cautiously you can save a big amount ie the poster above saving about 40%.

The thing i think about situations like this is why give these retailers money that you dont have to.

Archived