Hit a pot hole and damged my tyre , need advise

hi ive hit a massive pothole in dec in dronfield ive rung the council up and they said get 2 quotes and a picture of my tyre and the pot hole , the day after i reported it i took the pic but they had filled it , the thing has split my tyre right round , ive only just got a reply back saying because the pot hole was never reported before i hit it so they cant offer me any comp , my dad said the pothole was there 2 weeks , now ive got a £150 tyre bill that i cant afford , ill have to go 2nd hand:(

Yep - the council will rely on what's known as their Section 58 defence (basically Section58 of the Highways Act).

If they inspect the road fairly regularly (we're talking once every 6-12 months), and nothing was seen on the last inspection, you're onto a loser. Two weeks is nothing in the scheme of things I'm afraid.

hi ive hit a massive pothole in dec in dronfield ive rung the council up and they said get 2 quotes and a picture of my tyre and the pot hole , the day after i reported it i took the pic but they had filled it , the thing has split my tyre right round , ive only just got a reply back saying because the pot hole was never reported before i hit it so they cant offer me any comp , my dad said the pothole was there 2 weeks , now ive got a £150 tyre bill that i cant afford , ill have to go 2nd hand:(

What do you drive? A Porsche? You should have bought a cheaper tyre!

As said above, you have little chance of getting any money out of them unless you can prove the hole was there for ages.

Archived