Hit a pot hole and damged my tyre , need advise

hi ive hit a massive pothole in dec in dronfield ive rung the council up and they said get 2 quotes and a picture of my tyre and the pot hole , the day after i reported it i took the pic but they had filled it , the thing has split my tyre right round , ive only just got a reply back saying because the pot hole was never reported before i hit it so they cant offer me any comp , my dad said the pothole was there 2 weeks , now ive got a £150 tyre bill that i cant afford , ill have to go 2nd hand:(

Sue your dad for not reporting it to the council.

jb

It's the compensation culture I'm afraid. Some folks probably feel they should be able to claim for picking up a nail in their tyre.

If, through negligence, the council causes damage or harm where they have a clear duty of care then yes, the affected party should be compensated.

jb

Can u get me one either 2x 225 45 17 or 1 x 235 45 17. Both must be extra load tyres for a mpv,cheers

I get mine from Burngreave MOT centre. You might have to hunt for the extra weight ones. In fact I take everyones cars there for MOT's and work as they are really good. Mine is a Saab so it Goes to Paul Smith, but if it was anything else it would go to the Burngreave garage.

If, through negligence, the council causes damage or harm where they have a clear duty of care then yes, the affected party should be compensated.

jb

i suspect 90% of folks claiming they damaged tyres or wheels in pot holes actually hit curbs or went off the road. They then spend hours driving round looking for a pot hole to blame it on.

It's the compensation culture I'm afraid. Some folks probably feel they should be able to claim for picking up a nail in their tyre.

Not in this case.

Car Drivers pay their road tax and the state of the roads in Sheffield and the surrounding area is awful. Also when your driving its hazardous to start swerving around avoiding the stupid amount of potholes Sheffield has.

The council wouldn't have to pay out all these random claims if they did their job and repaired the roads properly. Rather than allowing electrical and water firms to bodge the roads up when they dig them up.

There are plenty of pot holes around, but what size must it be to damage a wheel and tyre?

I'd say it would have to be fairly substantial and visible, so perhaps the driver wasn't paying attention, or has a pretty lousy weak car!

If pot holes were as damaging as people say then everyone in Sheffield would have damage.

Car Drivers pay their road tax

Oh dear, can of worms opened...............

There are plenty of pot holes around, but what size must it be to damage a wheel and tyre?

I'd say it would have to be fairly substantial and visible, so perhaps the driver wasn't paying attention, or has a pretty lousy weak car!

If pot holes were as damaging as people say then everyone in Sheffield would have damage.

Oh dear, can of worms opened...............

Maybe it was a night? Maybe to avoid the pot hole could have led to an accident? Maybe the pothole was full of water and didn't look very deep? Maybe the pot hole was round a blend bend? Maybe the driver was focusing of the road ahead rather than two feet in front of his car. Maybe the roads should be in a good enough condition such that you can travel down them with out causing any damage to your car (with the caveat that you are within the speed limit as this is deemed the maximum safe speed for the road)?

Maybe the wear and tear on cars in Sheffield caused by the poor road conditions is greater than in other cities in the UK?

Maybe your post was jam packed of ill informed drivel?

jb

Archived