Grocery Shopping Online

I have tried all of them at some point, no real problems apart from when I first started (can't remember whether it was Tesco or Asda) - I had about 42 bottles of milk delivered! (ordered only 1):hihi: Suspect it was my fault! - they did take them back though.

About the best for customer service was Iceland - though they don't actually do on-line any more - you have to physically fill your own trolley in the store, and then they deliver - and i think it is free, though you have to spend about £25 I think. I once had a delivery from them, and some crisps were on BOGOF. After I had un-packed the shopping, I noticed that there were no free ones. Rang them up and they apologised profusely and said they would send someone out with them. I said it didnt matter that much, as I was going out and would pick them up in store another time. I went out, came back and the crisps were in a carrier bag hung on my back door handle! So top marks for Iceland!

The real bonus of having it delivered is not having to pack it, then having to lug it up the drive, making about 3 trips. By the time I have done all that, after walking up and down every aisle in the supermarket - I'm knackered!

Archived