Coppers who fail fitness tests will see pay cut.

Nearly every time I visit a supermarket there is a cop car outside, and the cops are in the shop buying sarnies and drinks etc, maybe its called health food!!

Maybe it's called dinner, it's a common event and wont necessarily contribute to being overweight.

It already happens in my line of work. If you get too fat you're out.

I work on offshore oil rigs and there's a medical fitness test every two years which includes a BMI calculation. If it's too high you're banned from working offshore and have three months to lose weight to be tested again. I've known some people who failed and it's amazing how the threat of losing your job concentrates the mind on losing weight. They all passed on the second test.

The reason for the ban on porkers is they are a safety hazard and could block someone's escape route (or their own). Those helicopter windows are an escape route in an emergency landing and they're not very big. Also you're a long way from A&E on an oil rig.

Some "skinny" people are not as physically fit as some "fat" people.

Someones size does not always relate to there health.

Nearly every time I visit a supermarket there is a cop car outside, and the cops are in the shop buying sarnies and drinks etc, maybe its called health food!!

Shock horror - policeman buying something to eat at dinnertime - arrest them !

We all know the police abhor any kind of physical exertion and may now face pay cuts if they fail the annual fitness test. This seems to be divisive justification to lower the cost of publuc services since the test will be so stringent most offices will fail the test.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/police_who_fail_fitness_tests_face_pay_cut

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17382096

ANYONE who is so overweight that they are unable to do the job they are paid to do should be penalised financially. Why just pick on the police ?

I am a nurse and there are MANY overweight nurses who would be unable to run to an emergency or kneel down on the floor to give CPR to a collapsed patient etc - annual fitness assessments should be given in ALL jobs where being reasonably physically fit is necessary to perform their work effectively.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone who thinks Policemen sit around eating Donuts all day clearly watches too much trashy American TV from the 80s IMO.

Ah. You mean like The Naked Gun, the OJ Simpson in the hospital bed scene.

"Don'y worry Mrs Nordberg, the LAPD will not rest until we catch whoever did this to your husband. OK, Ed, let's get a bite to eat..."

Archived