Have you heard of FIAT currency? Do you know what it means?

Have you heard of FIAT currency? Do you know what it means?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of FIAT currency? Do you know what it means?

• Yes I've heard of it and know what it means
    • Yes I've heard of it but don't know what it means
    • No I've never heard of it

I heard it mentioned in an Alex Jones programme; he was talking about how we need a society in which people with ideas, that work hard, in the real physical sense, are the ones that will rise to the top in a society that deals with real money, as opposed to the Fiat system we have now.

while ideas & working hard is a good idea it really doesn't have much to do with fiat currencies

"The gold standard has inevitably replaced every fiat currency system that was attempted for the last 3000 years. The collapse happens at such a rapid pace that there is no chance for people to exchange, even if they could, their paper money for the more tried and true gold or silver, or, in the modern age, oil commodities that would ensure that their wealth would survive a severe economic downturn. With the advent of world media and the internet, the trends can be seen better, but this still does not insulate the general populace against the dangers of a fiat currency collapse. The trends that people have exhibited in buying these commodities shows that there is already a lack of confidence in the fiat system"

the uk's attempt to return to the gold standard in the 1920s forced us into a deep depression, any attempt to return to it or any other commodity backed currency is pretty much guarenteed to do the same.

people are buying commodities because there is nothing left to buy not because there is a lack of confidence in fiat currency

thing is.....i'm guessing many of you WON'T have heard of it and so probably WON'T be interested in finding out about it.

which is a shame, because if you DID fully understand.....it could mean a manageable ride through the imminent banking chaos on the horizon.....

and by banking chaos....i'm actually talking a full banking system COLLAPSE

Are you speaking as a qualified economist, banker or accountant ?

I spent 15 years in the Banking industry working in head office as an IT consultant, never once in that time did i know that the whole banking industry is a fraud.

10 years later and i watch "The Money Masters" only to find out the whole system is designed to filter the money upto the top. I.E. The Royal inbreads and Rockafella.

Its a ponzi scheme and is about to pop.

People are truly brain dead, let em loose all their money see if care. My money has been safely converted to silver 9999 pure coins.

I have a stash of food and water and am ready for the big collapse.

Here's a good blog which i visit.

American Kabuki

Lord Blackheath leeks 15 Trillion Dollar fraud

Rumours of his murder by the Illuminati Cabal have been reported by Benjamin Fulford, lets pray he's alive.

The illuminati are finished!!!

Freaks, i cant wait to see you all locked up.

I spent 15 years in the Banking industry working in head office as an IT consultant, never once in that time did i know that the whole banking industry is a fraud.

10 years later and i watch "The Money Masters" only to find out the whole system is designed to filter the money upto the top. I.E. The Royal inbreads and Rockafella.

Its a ponzi scheme and is about to pop.

People are truly brain dead, let em loose all their money see if care. My money has been safely converted to silver 9999 pure coins.

I have a stash of food and water and am ready for the big collapse.

Here's a good blog which i visit.

American Kabuki

Lord Blackheath leeks 15 Trillion Dollar fraud

Rumours of his murder by the Illuminati Cabal have been reported by Benjamin Fulford, lets pray he's alive.

The illuminati are finished!!!

Freaks, i cant wait to see you all locked up.

think i love you :love:

just popped on and you've made my night already dude :D

the uk's attempt to return to the gold standard in the 1920s forced us into a deep depression, any attempt to return to it or any other commodity backed currency is pretty much guarenteed to do the same

like it or not, it's comin andy

people are buying commodities because there is nothing left to buy not because there is a lack of confidence in fiat currency

oh right

the uk's attempt to return to the gold standard in the 1920s forced us into a deep depression, any attempt to return to it or any other commodity backed currency is pretty much guarenteed to do the same.

The opposite of what Solomon is suggesting is in fact true. FIAT currency systems have inevitably replaced the gold standard - not one country left on the gold standard AFAIK.

Archived