2 out of 3 disability claimants could work

its all about saving money the tories hate the poor and they will scapegoat them at every chance they get.

All the mugs who vote Tory and defend them on SF should realise this. A government which attacks the disabled, the poor, the unemployed during a recession and blames them for the countries plight has no right to govern.

The government and the media have made the disabled people of the land the criminals, when in reality more money is lost through clever loopholes. ATOS healthcare professionals recieve £40 for each medical they perform, and each medical is supposed to taake between 20 and fifty minutes, the truth about the medical is it usually takes around ten minutes. The truth is they hope people give up and don't appeal against their decission, as it makes people feel the new system is working. At an independendant tribunal, (one heaard infromt of three people) the sucess rate is a staggering 80 percent, the medical assement is very unfair and biassed. It's very hard for anyone to pass, even by turning up, is used against you. The assesor feels if you can turn up to a medical then you could turn up to an interview. If you can answer a phone, this is used against you, if you can use a keyboard, used against you, use a washing machine, used against you. The atos system needs to be reassessed, and needs a good shake up. I am putting some real facts out there, so people know. A blind person was found fit for work.

The government and the media have made the disabled people of the land the criminals, when in reality more money is lost through clever loopholes. ATOS healthcare professionals recieve £40 for each medical they perform, and each medical is supposed to taake between 20 and fifty minutes, the truth about the medical is it usually takes around ten minutes. The truth is they hope people give up and don't appeal against their decission, as it makes people feel the new system is working. At an independendant tribunal, (one heaard infromt of three people) the sucess rate is a staggering 80 percent, the medical assement is very unfair and biassed. It's very hard for anyone to pass, even by turning up, is used against you. The assesor feels if you can turn up to a medical then you could turn up to an interview. If you can answer a phone, this is used against you, if you can use a keyboard, used against you, use a washing machine, used against you. The atos system needs to be reassessed, and needs a good shake up. I am putting some real facts out there, so people know. A blind person was found fit for work.

It seems a bit all or nothing, I think they should have a limited ability to work category. If the perfect job arises which takes into account someones disability or condition then I'm sure they would take it but in reality very few jobs do. People should be able to continue claiming ESA and there shouldn't be the asumption that they are all workshy etc.

It seems a bit all or nothing, I think they should have a limited ability to work category.

They do; that's one thing which is inecapable an improvement over Incapacity Benefit, where either you were able to work or you were not.

The Work-Related Activity Group is for all those people who can't do their old job but could be retrained for a new job, or for people who can't work yet but will be able to do in the future (two broken legs for example, you'll be fit for work if and when they fully heal...) and similar groups.

The Support Group is for people who can be listed as "not able to work, period."

They do; that's one thing which is inecapable an improvement over Incapacity Benefit, where either you were able to work or you were not.

The Work-Related Activity Group is for all those people who can't do their old job but could be retrained for a new job, or for people who can't work yet but will be able to do in the future (two broken legs for example, you'll be fit for work if and when they fully heal...) and similar groups.

The Support Group is for people who can be listed as "not able to work, period."

In my case I've just been deemed 'fit to work' period.

It might be true that disability may stop some people doing some jobs but there's very few disabilities that stop you doing any job.

In that respect I would say that just about every person on sickness benefits is fit to work, it's just that the work needs to be something they are capable of doing.

It might be true that disability may stop some people doing some jobs but there's very few disabilities that stop you doing any job.

In that respect I would say that just about every person on sickness benefits is fit to work, it's just that the work needs to be something they are capable of doing.

A quadraplegic could be a bingo caller....................

LEAVE OFF THE DISABLED there are thousands of young angry people out there with no work and no money........and the DEVIL FINDS WORK FOR IDLE HANDS...

Archived