Easter different months

why is easter different every year? iv known it to be at the end of march & this year its April?

Even odder is the Easter Act 1928. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo5/18-19/35/contents

It's the oldest Act to have been enacted but not yet brought into force.

It would/will fix Easter's date, more or less, but only if/when all Christian denominations agree- i.e. maybe never.

easter is based on the moons, the original festival of eostra (pagan) after the 21st march (spring equinox) theres the wait for the first full moon, then easter (eostra) is the first sunday after that for a religion to condemn paganism (xtians) they sure stole a lot from it

GF XX

eostra

litha

modron

yule

oimlec

beltaine

lugh

samhain

http://www.angelfire.com/on/wicca/Sabbats.html

easter is based on the moons, the original festival of eostra (pagan) after the 21st march (spring equinox) theres the wait for the first full moon, then easter (eostra) is the first sunday after that for a religion to condemn paganism (xtians) they sure stole a lot from it

But much more from Judaism.

The French for 'Easter' is PAQUES. That is cognate with 'paschal', derived from the Hebrew word PESACH [= Passover].

judaism claims to be 3000 yrs old, paganism predates this, although i put up a wiccan (neo pagan) link to the witches wheel (before anyone ses owt) it was for brief reference on the op's behalf, the first link i could find :)

GF x

judaism claims to be 3000 yrs old, paganism predates this, although i put up a wiccan (neo pagan) link to the witches wheel (before anyone ses owt) it was for brief reference on the op's behalf, the first link i could find :)

GF x

Judaism in its present form dates back 3224yrs., in fact.

Before the giving of the Ten 'Commandments' at Mount Sinai, it was more or less a case of opting in/out at will. The rules and laws then given to the Israelite ex-slaves redefined their entity as a whole-life value system with automatic and inescapable membership.

Yes, of course paganism is older. The ten generations from Adam to Noah started off aright but plunged quickly into paganism.

Archived