Something old..

what is everyone doing for their something old, new, borrowed and blue??

i am going to use my dress as something new, a garter as something blue then i was going to wear my pearl earrings as old but no idea what to borrow. Or, i could borrow my friend's earrings but then dont know what to do for my old!

I dont plan to wear any more jewellery besidss a bracelet and my earrings and i want a new bracelet as have seen some lovely ones online...help!

I've got my mums garter from when she married my Dad as my old.

Something new, my sister is buying me a necklace.

Something borrowed...I'm not sure yet, like you say maybe some earrings.

Something blue...a blue hankie that I'll slip in the pocket of my dress (yes weirdly, my dress has a pocket)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My old was my great grandmother's ring which my mum gave me.

My new was my dress and shoes etc.

My borrowed was a silver bracelet which I borrowed from my mum.

My blue was a blue and white Sheffield Wednesday garter - just for my hubby!! Lol!!

I didn't have a sixpence in my shoe though!!

:banana:

• 1 month later...

As for sixpence in your shoe.....I said to OH that I needed to fetch the Sixpence for my shoe....knowing full well there was one waiting for me at my grandparents house. He then said don't bother I'll sort that out. (....not a phrase that was repeated much in the organising of our day!).

He then went on to collect six 1p coins from his piggi bank. I laughed but he could not work out why!

He had picked each penny with the date on it from the year we met. I thought it was funny so on one shoe there were six penny's and on the other my grandparents sixpence.

Archived