Do scrapmen still take fridge freezers?

You can either take it to one of the council tips or phone 0114 273 4567 and press 1 and arrange for it to be collected. There is now a charge for collection but the tip is free.

you can still take them to the tip? i thought this had stopped.

blackstock road one yeah?

My father left one outside his house for less than an hour on Tuesday. It was for scrap but was still surprising to see 2 scrap men running to their van with it as he'd not left it in a prominent place (he was waiting for me to help him shift it nearer the front).

So yes, they take them.

I thought they took anything that wasn't nailed down?

T'was funny a few months back, we had some scrap outside on the front to be taken, cue a knock at the door and a polite bloke asking if we wanted the scrap taking....parked across the road was a police car!:hihi:

you can still take them to the tip? i thought this had stopped.

blackstock road one yeah?

From the council website:

Q. How do I dispose of my fridge/freezer?

A. Fridges and freezers have to be treated in accordance with European Directives to remove the CfCs contained within both the coolant and the foam insulation. You can have your fridge/freezer collected and disposed of by ringing the Sheffield Council call-centre on 0114 273 4567 and then pressing 1 to get through to the Veolia call-centre. There will be a charge for this service - see the Veolia website. Veolia will then arrange with you when the unit can be collected and they will ensure that it is disposed of correctly. Alternatively you can take them to one of the Household Waste Recycling Centres.

Archived