Brewers watering the workers beer to make more profits.

Ok, I will make this soooo easy for you..

If I went on holiday and bought a bottle of duty free vodka, your saying it would make me blind.

This is what you are inferring by your statement "it makes you go blind"

Hence..........

My post labeling you an idiot for saying such a thing.

And I'll make it so easy for you as obviously you are a bit simple. I was responding to chem1st's post about duty free vodka being easier to obtain than ciggies. Now as we have been discussing bottles bought at car boot sales it is pretty clear that you totally missed the point, particularly as duty free booze is pretty difficult to bring back from holiday as it is no longer available between EU countries and liquids are not allowed on planes.

I've bought some out of a car boot before and I can still see!

But as you are a brainless oaf and incapable of reading such posts I suppose you'll just carry on with your mindless rant.

The customer also saves money on tax by not paying so much as they would if the alcohol content was greater than it is :loopy:

Are you for real, do you honestly believe the price will come down if they pay less tax? Dream on, it is just another way of increasing their profits. It is expected between 7 and 10p on a pint on Wednesday by increasing the duty on beer by 7.2%. I was reading yesterday about products that have reduced by up to 20% in quantity but the price stays the same, in essence a 20% price increase.

The customer also saves money on tax by not paying so much as they would if the alcohol content was greater than it is :loopy:

Are you for real, do you honestly believe the price will come down if they pay less tax? Dream on, it is just another way of increasing their profits. It is expected between 7 and 10p on a pint on Wednesday by increasing the duty on beer by 7.2%. I was reading yesterday about products that have reduced by up to 20% in quantity but the price stays the same, in essence a 20% price increase.

Yeah, i totally agree, the lowering of tax on the low alcohol beers, will not be reflected by the lowering of the price on the low alcohol beers, all they will do is keep the price the same, and put up the price on the high alcohol content beers...

We are ripped of big time in this country, we are taxed to hell on everything...

And I'll make it so easy for you as obviously you are a bit simple. I was responding to chem1st's post about duty free vodka being easier to obtain than ciggies. Now as we have been discussing bottles bought at car boot sales it is pretty clear that you totally missed the point, particularly as duty free booze is pretty difficult to bring back from holiday as it is no longer available between EU countries and liquids are not allowed on planes.

But as you are a brainless oaf and incapable of reading such posts I suppose you'll just carry on with your mindless rant.

I think you must be the most stupid person that I have come across on here.

Your referral to the point about the car boot was way after your post about the "going blind" and also way after my post accusing you of making idiotic statements.

Now, to say that I am incapable of reading posts.......

Irony is a wonderful thing :loopy:

The alcohol content, tax brand was introduced years ago, when breweries started bringing the alcohol content of premium lagers down to keep the duty down.....

Hence.....

less duty....

less cost passed onto the customer.

• 1 year later...
Over 80% of the £8, 70cl 37.5% you can get from supermarket is PURE tax in the form of DUTY and VAT upon the DUTY.

Less than £1.50 is the cost of the vodka itself.

There is a hell of a lot of money in it.

Buying it from a shop doesn't mean it is the real thing. Buying it elsewhere doesn't mean it is not the real thing. Vodka is vodka. A bottle of something sold as 'vodka' may or may not be vodka.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/alcohol-licence-revoked-after-fake-vodka-swoop-on-sheffield-shop-1-6011924

Vodka sold in Sheffield shop, not 'proper' vodka, no DUTY paid.

Archived