Taking my son to the Leeds Festival to see Foo Fighters

hi me and my son are into the foo fighters and i said this year if they ever played in the uk we would go whatever.

no ive just found out there playing on friday the 24th of aug at leeds festival , has anyone on here been ,i want to know what to expect , my son will be 8.many thanks , ive no idea if there playing 1st or last.

Personally I wouldn't take an 8 year old to the Leeds festival. I've been to a couple of BIG Foo Fighters gigs and they were excellent, the fans are pretty cool too. At the Leeds festival here's more than just Foo Fighters fans and the with all-day (or weekend) drinking and other activities, it's not exactly the ideal place to take an 8 year old.

Myself, I'd wait for a Foo Fighters gig, it's something you'll have to decide for yourself.

Make sure you bring some ear plugs. That way if it's too noisy for your boy, he (&/ you) can pop them in and carry on watching the show. It's never too early to start looking after your hearing.

Oh alright, dad.

I've seen enough gigs where kids are sitting on the floor with their fingers in their ears and eventually having to drag their parents out of the gig because they've had enough of the noise to know how useful a 5p set of disposable ear plugs can be.

:( Gutted! I'd love to see them and so would hubby again. My baby is due end of July and it'll just be too soon to leave him/her though :( We're going to see Stone Roses in June when I'll be a few weeks from giving birth and I'm praying I can go to that and don't have to miss out that. Have fun, sounds fab xx

hes really exited that hes going to see his hero , mr grohl

You'll be OK as long as you stay at the back of the crowd. I've been to Leeds a few times in the last few years and I regularly see young children there, not as many as you see at Glastonbury though. Foofighters will be paying from around 21:00 until 23:00 on the Friday.

Hi...i have been to leeds festival and have seen loads of parents with young kids enjoying the day:headbang: However, I must say as a parent of young kids myself, i wouldnt take them. By the time the foo's get on it will be late....11pm ish....its absolutely chockka around the main stage and when we were there for kings of leon, people were getting crushed.

Also, if you are just going for the day, there will be a huuuge queue to leave....we waited 2 hours for our minibus to get to pick us up...and then another hour to leave the car park. My advise is to wait for an arena tour....or if you have to go, stand right at the back and leave an hour before last song.

Archived