Taking my son to the Leeds Festival to see Foo Fighters

Hi...i have been to leeds festival and have seen loads of parents with young kids enjoying the day:headbang: However, I must say as a parent of young kids myself, i wouldnt take them. By the time the foo's get on it will be late....11pm ish....its absolutely chockka around the main stage and when we were there for kings of leon, people were getting crushed.

Also, if you are just going for the day, there will be a huuuge queue to leave....we waited 2 hours for our minibus to get to pick us up...and then another hour to leave the car park. My advise is to wait for an arena tour....or if you have to go, stand right at the back and leave an hour before last song.

I've been to Leeds every year for the last 11. If you go in a car it'll take absolutely no time to get out once you've actually got back to your car (can be quite a walk). The only day it takes ages to get out is the Sunday. My missus has driven us to and from the festival on all 3 days for the last 6 years. Ever since we got fed up of camping there.

I'd personally have no problem taking kids. The only problem would be if the weather was poor (which you'll obviously not know). On a sunny day it's a fantastic day out for children. It will be a late finish tho.

nice , were thinking of booking a hotel near by for us 3 , a travel lodge works out at around £55 b&b for 1 night near to the festival , ive not booked it yet.i think i ought to.

ill have to give the little un red bull to stay awake lol

nice , were thinking of booking a hotel near by for us 3 , a travel lodge works out at around £55 b&b for 1 night near to the festival , ive not booked it yet.i think i ought to.

ill have to give the little un red bull to stay awake lol

Yeah, book it quick !

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot book nearby. It's only about an hour in the car back to Sheffield though. Or so she tells me because I'm usually asleep on the way home!

Luckily, she doesn't drink.

Yeah, book it quick !

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot book nearby. It's only about an hour in the car back to Sheffield though. Or so she tells me because I'm usually asleep on the way home!

Luckily, she doesn't drink.

:hihi::hihi:yes same here our lass doesnt , young un will be tired thou so i thought for the sake of £55 id book one.

cant wait , never seen the foo fighters live there the best.

hi me and my son are into the foo fighters and i said this year if they ever played in the uk we would go whatever.

no ive just found out there playing on friday the 24th of aug at leeds festival , has anyone on here been ,i want to know what to expect , my son will be 8.many thanks , ive no idea if there playing 1st or last.

Don't worry, if he likes music he'll have a great time. I took my lad to Donnington for the Dowload Festival last year. It was his first gig and despite the awful weather we had the best time seeing some great live acts. These outdoor gigs really are well organised spectacles. There will be a lot more people at Leeds and it is much more crowded than Download but you won't want to be down the front anyway and the big screens show it all and you won't have any trouble hearing it. The Foos will be on last. This is the running order for the Friday so far:

FOO FIGHTERS

The Black Keys

Kaiser Chiefs

Bullet For My Valentine

All Time Low

The Gaslight Anthem

Eagles Of Death Metal

Band of Skulls

Pulled Apart by Horses

Not sure about the first 3 bands but the last 6 are all quality but you can get there any time you like. Perhaps best not go too early and risk getting too tired before the Foos come on. I am pretty sure all the bands have to finish by 11pm.

We're going too but only for the Friday

Great line up this year, I've been for the last few years and as people have said it finished at 11pm apart from guns and roses the other year just said f**k it n played later. I've seen parents with kids aged 3+ maybe even younger. If you go for the weekend I normally leave Sunday night never any traffic as most people are partying till Monday morning. As for the campsites it gets a bit mad on the last day, we saw people burning tents and anything they could get there hands on. I was on the orange campsite.

Archived