Beeping when radio is on

i used to have same thing happen to me when i owned a pug 406 i took out the cassette player ,put in a cd player ,turned it on you could hear the music but like your radio it used to bleep every few seconds ,i found out that it was vin coded and needed coding to my ecu once i had that done all was well

Its because the radio is not programmed to your VIN (vehicle identity number).

You cannot fit a radio/cd from another vehicle to yours because the VIN is different.

You get this BLEEPING because the radio in your car isnt programmed to your car.

I can edit the VIN :)

Glynn (GV Electronics)

If it's a Peugeot or Citroen then it could be the battery has been off and needs a BSI reset (google it) or it's had a new ECU or BSI and the VIN number in the radio or in the ECU or BSI no longer matches up.

I know a fellow in Rotherham who can hook up genuine Peugeot diagnostic tools if you like?

Its because the radio is not programmed to your VIN (vehicle identity number).

You cannot fit a radio/cd from another vehicle to yours because the VIN is different.

You get this BLEEPING because the radio in your car isnt programmed to your car.

I can edit the VIN :)

Glynn (GV Electronics)

If that were the case the radio wouldn't work at all I know because we had to change ours in Pug 406 when original one broke and what do you mean edit the vin?

If that were the case the radio wouldn't work at all I know because we had to change ours in Pug 406 when original one broke and what do you mean edit the vin?

actully if you swop one radio for another it would work but it would bleep every few seconds and what is meant by having to edit the vin is when you put another radio in to say a 406 it would have programmed in to it the originol cars vin number this would need to be changed to the new cars vin number to stop the bleeping ,i have done a few of these radio swops and thats what it takes

Archived