DWP & Home Office workers in Sheffield, prepare to take you pay cuts

What gets me Mister M is some of the vitriolic comments that are being posted on here. You can feel the contempt they have for people working in the public sector.

I think you're imagining it to be honest. Recognising that the public sector is bloated is not a personal attack on you/

People that are earning a lot less than they realise. It's very sad when public are pitted against the private sector.

It's as though we should have our rights taken away in the public sector just because some private sector employers are ghastly. Shouldn't we be trying to get better terms and conditions for people not worst. You can almost feel their delight at people struggling. It's all very sad really.

I don't think anyone wants you to loose your rights, they just want the public sector slimmed down so we can all stop paying so much tax to fund it.

The good thing is that people like ourselves who work in the public sector, work in the sector because we care and that seems to be the difference in how we approach life. People can say what they want and hate all they want but at the end of the day we have to live our lives and experience all the problems that come from working in the public sector. We know the truth they can speculate all they want.

It's not speculation that it costs us all a lot of money and that the public sector is a net drain of the countries wealth.

Well, how long have you been working in the private sector, for how many employers, and how many friends, acquaintances, etc. do you know who work in the private sector, whose packages you know about?

No "expertise" is required to develop a personal opinion about a topic - only a reasonable corpus of knowledge (to inform the opinion), in this case about actual packages of different private employers.

I did miss the point - as I thought we weren't talking anecdotally :

- your post at 163:

Most private employers I have worked with, and know still either on a personal or professional basis, don't (or don't anymore). All as anectodal as your and my experiences may be.

I did miss the point - as I thought we weren't talking anecdotally
:huh:

My anecdotal evidence informs my opinion (as clearly acknowleged to I1L2T3 and then quoted by you).

My opinion is in respect of the private sector at large (per my post 152 and subsequent posts).

What's so hard to understand about that? :confused:

People suffering from stress should be sacked.

Paying the bills without any wages, now that is stress.

Look at it this way, for every week you take off with stress (with your wages) you are denying another person, who may be desperate for a job the chance to have a wage.

In this day and age having time off for stress, is as obscene as throwing food away in front of people who are starving to death

I do - BUPA.

At my current employer we have corporate-funded healthcare too. For all employees and their families. At previous firms I got BUPA but there are other providers. Currently hava a plan with AXA.

Look at it this way, for every week you take off with stress (with your wages) you are denying another person, who may be desperate for a job the chance to have a wage.

In this day and age having time off for stress, is as obscene as throwing food away in front of people who are starving to death

you've obviously never actually employed anyone yourself and gone through the rigmarole of recruitment/interviewing and the like then?

4 weeks sickness with stress can happen to anyone, and you may well get back a good worker given time to sort it out. going your route you'll still be recruiting and interviewing 4 weeks later and may get a new numpty to deal with who will cause more grief further down the line.

people get stress in private and public sector jobs due to many circumstances and different causes, saying sack them for it is ridiculous. long term if they cannot return to work fair enough go through the right routes, if you ran your own business you would be in an employment tribunal within months.

you've obviously never actually employed anyone yourself and gone through the rigmarole of recruitment/interviewing and the like then?

4 weeks sickness with stress can happen to anyone, and you may well get back a good worker given time to sort it out. going your route you'll still be recruiting and interviewing 4 weeks later and may get a new numpty to deal with who will cause more grief further down the line.

people get stress in private and public sector jobs due to many circumstances and different causes, saying sack them for it is ridiculous. long term if they cannot return to work fair enough go through the right routes, if you ran your own business you would be in an employment tribunal within months.

4 weeks stress, what nonsense. Its simply a skivers charter.

People do get stress in the private sector, but they have a choice - get on with it or lose their jobs.

In this day and age, and in the current job market, we cannot afford a luxury of skivers wanting full pay to sit on their bottoms all day and wallow in self pity.

The bottom line is, we have too many people wanting work whos situations are becoming desperate, getting into serious financial trouble - its simply immoral to hog a job, expect full pay and take the micky.

Troll.......

Troll.......

So I assume if you were out of work, bills mounting, getting into serious debt, sleepless nights and with the threat of losing your home - you would not mind if someone was still taking a full time wage, and was off work WITH STRESS ???? :loopy::loopy::loopy:

So I assume if you were out of work, bills mounting, getting into serious debt, sleepless nights and with the threat of losing your home - you would not mind if someone was still taking a full time wage, and was off work WITH STRESS ???? :loopy::loopy::loopy:

Oh God, not another 12 post scud pilot. So you feel the need to create an alias? Why is that?

Archived