DWP & Home Office workers in Sheffield, prepare to take you pay cuts

Its simply not moral to hog a job by throwing sickys willy nilly when there are so many people wanting a job. If you have a genuine illness such as a virus, where you on and off the loo every 2 minutes, then yes I accept people should have time off (although many will not get paid) but to have a month off with stress is simply wrong

Its as bad as throwing good food away, when people around you are slowly starving to death

Is it morally right that someone in work, who is clearly skiving is denying the chance of a wage to another person?

They aren't clearly skiving unless you're accusing the entire medical community of making things up just to help people skive.

Its simply not moral to hog a job by throwing sickys willy nilly when there are so many people wanting a job. If you have a genuine illness such as a virus, where you on and off the loo every 2 minutes, then yes I accept people should have time off (although many will not get paid) but to have a month off with stress is simply wrong

Its as bad as throwing good food away, when people around you are slowly starving to death

So basically, you don't accept that stress is real. I can only assume that this is down to ignorance.

You don't think maybe that the entire medical profession is in a better place to say whether it's real or not than you are?

Yes, how immoral and damn right selfish to get signed off sick from your job. Next time I become ill, I will save myself the shame and give my job to a member of the unemployed. However, I very much doubt they would want it... everyone seems to criticise us public sector workers (apparently we are rich), but they choose not to work for the public sector themselves.

If you believe it to be morally right to hog a job and throw sickys as and when you want thats fine.

In private companies and in places where people are only paid by the hour worked, you find very few people off work with stress.

Many private companies are paying people by the hour/using agencies to avoid skivers taking the micky. Its very easy to get rid of people who are not permanent - don't give them hours the following week, its a reality and its happening now.

If you believe it to be morally right to hog a job and throw sickys as and when you want thats fine.

In private companies and in places where people are only paid by the hour worked, you find very few people off work with stress.

Many private companies are paying people by the hour/using agencies to avoid skivers taking the micky. Its very easy to get rid of people who are not permanent - don't give them hours the following week, its a reality and its happening now.

Rubbish! I know many people who work in the private sector, and most of them, are on salaries. So, no - they are not paid by the hour and yes, they STILL get paid for taking time of sick.

As for very few people being off on the sick in the private industry... where are your figures to back your claim?

People apply for jobs as and when they come up (be it private or public).

When you have a skiver in a job throwing sickys, then it stops another person who having the opportunity to have that job.

There are many hard working people in the public sector, and I feel sorry for these people. BUt as many people know, there are a section (the permanent staff) who will call in sick when it snows, they have stress, if its Monday morning, Swine flu etc... etc.... surely, these people should be booted onto the dole, and that job be given to a more deserving person.

Would you not rather work alongside someone who is pulling their weight, rather than someone who is forever on the sick? what about their work colleagues, they then have to take up the slack thanks to the skiver - do these people get paid additional money for the addition workload? no

Rubbish! I know many people who work in the private sector, and most of them, are on salaries. So, no - they are not paid by the hour and yes, they STILL get paid for taking time of sick.

As for very few people being off on the sick in the private industry... where are your figures to back your claim?

I afraid more and more people are being paid by the hour. You may find yourself in this position if you work in the private sector at some point in the future.

People being off sick in the private sector? easy, if they are not salaried, then no work = no pay

Can you show someone suggesting that? I think you just made it up.

So you accept that even in these situations some people do suffer stress

An agency worker is hardly likely to suffer stress are they, they are low paid with low levels of responsibility generally.

People being off sick in the private sector? easy, if they are not salaried, then no work = no pay

That's just stating the obvious, of what happens to hourly paid workers. I want figures to back your claim that fewer people in the private industry take time off sick :)

Archived