DWP & Home Office workers in Sheffield, prepare to take you pay cuts

The Tories are in power and by their actions are reminding us what are they very good at:

Cuts

Unemployment

Low Wages

Total lack of morals

How anyone can express surprise that these mean spirited, cheapskates would come out with this vile proposal is beyond me.

They don't care about you and me, just themselves and their rich mates. Screw everyone else. As evidenced by their proposals to privatise the NHS by stealth.

Scum, the lot of them.

Don't worry, their "partners" in the coalition, the LibDems, will moderate their worst excesses won't they?

Oh, wait a minute...

Amazing that when questions are asked about bankers salaries or dividend payments to heads of private companies the excuse we always hear is that you have to pay millions in salaries in order to get the best people.

Yet the opposite seems to be the case with public servants. A race to see who can pay the least.

While there are undoubtedly very many exemplary public servants, the situation can be summed up by the old joke: How many public sector workers does it take to change a light bulb?

While there are undoubtedly very many exemplary public servants, the situation can be summed up by the old joke: How many public sector workers does it take to change a light bulb?

It takes quite a few.

As it does in any industry.

One to report the job.

Another to send it to the M&E department.

The M&E Supervisor to allocate the job.

The Engineer sent out to do the job.

The paperwork sent back in, and closed down by various staff.

It is obvious that you have never worked in any responsible capacity in a facilities mangement role otherwise these questions would not be asked.

I work for a massive company working within the NHS and the FM department is the component holding it all together.

Quite the reverse Balpin, I have a quarter of a century's worth of experience at the highest level.

This is how we do it: Get a lightbulb from the store cupboard, screw it in.

Clearly if there is a maintenance chap/chapess in a larger organisation then somebody will have to send them an email to maintenance@bigco.com who will Get a lightbulb from the store cupboard and screw it in.

If your organisation is still carrying out the procedure you outline, I can charge you a lot of money to put a new system in place. My fee will be returned if you don't save double the amount within three months.

The fact is food, petrol, gas, electricity, water has all gone up in price and will keep going up. If people don't get pay rises for years and years they literally won't be able to live anymore.

What you and your lefty friends fail to grasp is that the country does not need lots of people working in the public sector draining the country of resources. There are already far too many of you. At least 1,000,000 too many.

What we need is good people with skills working in the private sector creating real wealth. It may not look like it from where you are but the public sector is overpaid and underperforming. The strategy behind freezing public sector pay and conditions is to force people out. Good people with skills will always find better paid jobs elsewhere. The deadheads and timeservers in the public sector will eventually be left on salaries commensurate with their skills and abilities. The good times are over.

Quite the reverse Balpin, I have a quarter of a century's worth of experience at the highest level.

This is how we do it: Get a lightbulb from the store cupboard, screw it in.

Clearly if there is a maintenance chap/chapess in a larger organisation then somebody will have to send them an email to maintenance@bigco.com who will Get a lightbulb from the store cupboard and screw it in.

If your organisation is still carrying out the procedure you outline, I can charge you a lot of money to put a new system in place. My fee will be returned if you don't save double the amount within three months.

Move with the times for gods sake.

If said light is in an operating theatre, for instance, that theatre is deemed out of service.

The penalty is £30,000 per day.

It is not permissimble these days just to march in and change a light bulb, as you call them.

Many routes have to be followed, not least obtaining the fitting from the stores. When fitted it has to be sealed and tested, for contamination reasons.

You have no idea Tony about FM so give it up.

The Tories are in power and by their actions are reminding us what are they very good at:

Cuts

Unemployment

Low Wages

Total lack of morals

Cuts in waste and bureaucracy

Unemployment for quangocrats, bureaprats and the PC Brigade

Low Wages for low performers

Total lack of morals err Blair, Brown, Madelson, Blunkett, Betts, Smith, Joyce, Moran, Chaytor, Illsley, Morley etc etc etc

Reasons, Reasons, Reasons.

If everyone followed my way of thinking all would be OK.

Everyman in the world thinks that way.

But sorry Tony, I am right.

Sorry Balpin, but you aren't right. Your wasteful ideas are straight from I'm All Right Jack.

You and your ways are the problem, not the answer.

Archived