DWP & Home Office workers in Sheffield, prepare to take you pay cuts

It's OK Balpin, I understand your position and don't blame you one bit for wanting to maintain the status-quo. There's no reason whatsoever why you should want a lightbulb to cost a tenner to change instead of five hundred quid - it keeps you and five other blokes in tea and biscuits.

Sadly there isn't enough money for that any more, but happily there are ways of making you efficient without just cutting your entire paycheck, which of course is what's inevitable whether you like it or not, IF the status-quo remains.

It's OK Balpin, I understand your position and don't blame you one bit for wanting to maintain the status-quo. There's no reason whatsoever why you should want a lightbulb to cost a tenner to change instead of five hundred quid - it keeps you and five other blokes in tea and biscuits.

Sadly there isn't enough money for that any more, but happily there are ways of making you efficient without just cutting your entire paycheck, which of course is what's inevitable whether you like it or not, IF the status-quo remains.

But it isn't the worker in the Sheffield office, or any other regional office for that matter, who decided that the light bulb should be £500 or that it's cheaper to buy a new fan rather than change a fuse. Those decision are made at the centre in Whitehall and Parliament square - precisely the places that WON'T see a cut in wages.

What you and your lefty friends fail to grasp is that the country does not need lots of people working in the public sector draining the country of resources. There are already far too many of you. At least 1,000,000 too many.

What we need is good people with skills working in the private sector creating real wealth. It may not look like it from where you are but the public sector is overpaid and underperforming. The strategy behind freezing public sector pay and conditions is to force people out. Good people with skills will always find better paid jobs elsewhere. The deadheads and timeservers in the public sector will eventually be left on salaries commensurate with their skills and abilities. The good times are over.

We need public services. You need them too. It's stupid to argue otherwise.

The real issue is that our public services need to be leaner and more efficient. My beef with the highly paid public sector workers (who are all over Sheffield like a flaming rash) is that in the recent job culls they have sacrificed thousands of lower level civil servants to save their own skins. The worker bees are gone. The queens are still sitting on their thrones preparing to unleash more disasters on us.

The Tories are in power and by their actions are reminding us what are they very good at:

Cuts in waste and bureaucracy

Unemployment for quangocrats, bureaprats and the PC Brigade

Low Wages for low performers

Total lack of morals err Blair, Brown, Madelson, Blunkett, Betts, Smith, Joyce, Moran, Chaytor, Illsley, Morley etc etc etc

By your own words then VAT Man and the Boy Blunder should be on the NMW

But it isn't the worker in the Sheffield office, or any other regional office for that matter, who decided that the light bulb should be £500 or that it's cheaper to buy a new fan rather than change a fuse. Those decision are made at the centre in Whitehall and Parliament square - precisely the places that WON'T see a cut in wages.

It's a fair point, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater eh? Resisting change for the sake of resisting change, or because somebody else is worse isn't the way to improve our lot.

Actually these are new rules, brought in under PFI.

Previously under the old ways, a light woulld be changed and thing s like that on the nod. No problem.

It is only since PFI that we have to be correct to every penny.

Dont blame the Nurses, Engineer,Domestics etc.

What you and your lefty friends fail to grasp is that the country does not need lots of people working in the public sector draining the country of resources. There are already far too many of you. At least 1,000,000 too many.

What we need is good people with skills working in the private sector creating real wealth. It may not look like it from where you are but the public sector is overpaid and underperforming. The strategy behind freezing public sector pay and conditions is to force people out. Good people with skills will always find better paid jobs elsewhere. The deadheads and timeservers in the public sector will eventually be left on salaries commensurate with their skills and abilities. The good times are over.

What a thoroughly unpleasant chap you sound. Completely ignorant to what is going on. Come and work for a week where I do. Morale is completely at it's lowest point. You've no idea at all what is happening. By the way I've worked in the Private Sector as well and the people are no better at their jobs than people in the Public Sector. Conservatives utter scum!

What a thoroughly unpleasant chap you sound. Completely ignorant to what is going on. Come and work for a week where I do. Morale is completely at it's lowest point. You've no idea at all what is happening. By the way I've worked in the Private Sector as well and the people are no better at their jobs than people in the Public Sector. Conservatives utter scum!

Dont rise to it, virgioen I dought the fellow has ever worked, at least in a decent job.

Archived