Laser hair removal, have you had it?

I was wondering if anyone has tried this with succesful results. I'd love to have this done round my bikini line and never have to worry about rashes or stubly bits ever again. It's very expensive and a big waste if it doesn't work. Any info appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive heard its quite good, depends on the quality of the laser, apparently the one at ??thornbury (maybe the other priv hosp) isn't the best but you are still looking at some permanent hair reduction, you will still have some hairs left.

If you find anymore out, please let me know, i am also considering, but at a grand for my legs it'll have to wait til after my nose job!!!!

Really?

I was gunna have laser surgey on my skin as I have vitiligo on my arm and chest, but decided not to as it can cause worse things like skin cancer. But I would have had to go twice a week for about 2 years! So I think I'll just try and be happy as I am!

But anyway, I dont know if that type of laser is the same as the hair removal one - but that can cause pigmentation problems.

Yes, i have very dark hair and get unslightly hair on my top lip, which i use immac to get rid off at the moment, and i looked into laser treatment and decided against it as i would look a bit funny with a tanned face and white upper lip:D

Originally posted by sarahlorna

I have heard that it can affect the skin pigment and there leave you with areas of skin that will not tan, and will always stay light.

it depends what laser you use, the new ones dont cause depigmentation abd as far as im aware the old ones only do in 2% and you can have a patch test too.

If ur worried about depigmentation you could always go with electrolysis which actually has more permanent result s and is cheaper but takes longer and hurts like hell

Originally posted by sarahlorna

Yes, i have very dark hair and get unslightly hair on my top lip, which i use immac to get rid off at the moment, and i looked into laser treatment and decided against it as i would look a bit funny with a tanned face and white upper lip:D

You could get electrolosis which is a small needle inserted into the hair pigments and burns them out. You have to go a fair few times but eventually it should stop the hair growth...

Archived