London Mayoral Election. May 3rd. Who will win?

Who do you tip to become the next London Mayor?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you tip to become the next London Mayor?

• Boris Johnson
    • Ken Livingstone
    • Brian Paddick
    • Jenny Jones
    • Carlos Cortiglia
    • Lawrence Webb
    • Some other no hoper
    • Its beyond me

Livingstone seems to have lost trust. Those Labour tax dodgers who shout about other folk avoiding tax yet do the same themselves.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/mayor/race-for-city-hall-ken-livingstone-loses-voter-trust-over-tax-7630100.html

Ken Livingstone is losing voters’ trust as a result of the row over his tax affairs, an exclusive new poll reveals today.

The Labour candidate has fallen six points behind Boris Johnson in the race to be Mayor.

His support in his inner London heartlands has also been badly dented.

The findings by pollsters ComRes follow a turbulent week for Mr Livingstone during which he was angrily accused by the Mayor of being a “f***ing liar” for casting doubt over how much tax he pays.

The survey for The Standard, London Tonight and LBC puts Mr Johnson on a 53 to 47 lead overall. In the last ComRes poll he was two points behind.

But the polling - which took place over three days last week - also shows a dramatic slide in Mr Livingstone’s support after his argument with his Tory rival over tax in a radio station lift.

Londoners interviewed before “liftgate” last Tuesday morning were split 50/50 between the two candidates. But those surveyed afterwards divided 60/40 in favour of Mr Johnson.

Almost half of those polled, 48 per cent, also said they are “less likely” to trust Mr Livingstone following claims he avoided tax by using a company for payment, and after allegations he ran up large expenses while mayor.

They did just that. They rejected him as Labour candidate and so he stood as an independent and was chucked out of the party for putting his name on the ballot paper. But when he beat Labour's candidate he was brought back into the party as "Labour" mayor. But once he started standing on the official Labour ticket he lost.

OK- that's what I meant. Sorry!

Can't see Boris Johnson losing it.

As to Livingstone, it may have been nice if they could have found a fresher candidate, but it's worth remembering that his main rival for the Labour candidacy was Oona King running on an ultra-Blairite ticket. She would have been considerably worse as Labour candidate then Ken Livingstone.

Has she ever had a proper job?

Last I heard she'd been shoved into the House of Lords (because she failed as an MP) but was facing bankruptcy and may have to resign.

What is the point of her?

I think its about time the UK Independence Party were supported. They were the only party who were right about the EU...Lets see what else they are right about.

They've replaced the Libs as the third party. I hope they can go on from there...They also have the best leader, by a mile...

I think its about time the UK Independence Party were supported. They were the only party who were right about the EU...Lets see what else they are right about.

They've replaced the Libs as the third party. I hope they can go on from there...They also have the best leader, by a mile...

How were they right about the EU?

Archived