Wednesday - utd semi final dvd

superblues

Originally posted by barnie41

Hey Superblues - do you know what will be even funnier - that we'll make about twenty million from one season in the premier league - which, I understand, just about equates to what the Wed are in debt.

As Phil Tuffnell would say - Happy days........

the guy or girl was asking for a copy of a dvd not for a bunch of mardy blades to spit out the dummies

get a flippin grip man:)

Hey Superblues - do you know what will be even funnier - that we'll make about twenty million from one season in the premier league - which, I understand, just about equates to what the Wed are in debt.

And that IF you get promoted :)

As Phil Tuffnell would say - Happy days........

But you wont actually make £20 million. You will receive around £20 million and will spend far more, have you seen the recent report by Neil Doncaster (Norwich City FC) chief exec.

He reports that NCFC were approx £5 million in the red when they won promotion to the Premier League, they received around £20 million through tv, sponsorship and increased gate receipts. But due to clubs knowing that you are getting this amount of money, they immediately put their prices up for players, 3 fold. The player then wants paying a premiership wage, so that s around a million a man over 12 months.

I hope the Blades go up, but from the current squad, how many do you actually think would be any good in the premier league. By my reckoning around 4.

Jagielka

Quinn

Kenny

Unsworth.

The others are players who are decent at Championship level but wont hack it in the Premier League.

Neil DOncaster also wrote that after a season in the Premier League, NCFC actually came down with debts of around £8 million punds, so 12 months in the league cost them a whopping £32 million.

Archived