Will it affect my skin?

Right guys so heres the question i have.

Basically im a real hygiene FREAK! and as a result i have at least 1 bath a day but usually its two or three!

Now the problem this is presenting is sometimes my skin is bone dry and no matter what i do it doesnt keep the moisture i wash my hands, bath in dove, etc but my skin just doesnt seem to be able to keep the moisture.

Yes i can spell OCD but it isnt this its purely that i hate being dirty so if i sweat or anything ive got to refresh myself.

The OCD joke is wrong on so many levels but still it made me laugh.

Can you spell OCD?

Actually, if you really had OCD it would be spelt CDO :D

I think your bathing too much.

:)

Yes too much bathing will strip your skin of it's natual oils. Do you have a shower? Maybe try showering morning and evening using something like dove shower creme with added moisturiser, then follow with aqeuous cream which you can buy from the chemist, apply this all over especially at night and let is soak in.

ahh to be honest i think its just some sort of physchological issue :loopy:

I have got some aqeuous cream actually so ill have a go with that.

Most of it come from a previous expierence i had basically my work introduced a new uniform which made me have a severe illergical reaction where my skin was red raw, i had spots everywhere, i had scratched so hard my skin bled, etc and that made me feel dirty and since then ive got some sort of issue.

Yes too much bathing will strip your skin of it's natual oils. Do you have a shower? Maybe try showering morning and evening using something like dove shower creme with added moisturiser, then follow with aqeuous cream which you can buy from the chemist, apply this all over especially at night and let is soak in.

ahh to be honest i think its just some sort of physchological issue :loopy:

I have got some aqeuous cream actually so ill have a go with that.

Most of it come from a previous expierence i had basically my work introduced a new uniform which made me have a severe illergical reaction where my skin was red raw, i had spots everywhere, i had scratched so hard my skin bled, etc and that made me feel dirty and since then ive got some sort of issue.

It is not recommended that you should use aqueous cream as a moisturiser anymore, I use this for my eczema and have been told to use it as an alternative to soap as using it straight to the skin can cause more harm than good. Ive copied and pasted this below....

Warning!

This preparation is for external use only.

A recent research study into the use of aqueous cream on healthy skin showed that regular use of aqueous cream can reduce the thickness of healthy skin and increase water loss from the skin. This is thought to be because it contains a detergent called sodium lauryl sulphate rather than just moisturisers. Skin experts now recommend that people with eczema only use aqueous cream as a soap substitute. There are many alternative moisturisers available for use in people with eczema.

When using this cream in the bath or shower take care to avoid slipping, especially when getting in or out because, the cream may make the bath/shower more slippery than usual.

BAthing that often won't do any actual damage, but yes, it will dry your skin out; you need to use some sort of a moisturiser each day to replace the natural oils you're losing. I can't give you any useful advice as to what is a good moisturiser, other than to ask a chemist rather than a beautician; a chemist will sell you something for, maybe, £7. A beautician will sell you the same thing with a fancy name for £39.99.

You are correct that it's a psychological issue, but it's a minor one, simiilar to having a phobia about spiders. If you want to save yourself the water usage and time wasted having three baths a day, a short course of hypnotherapy - quite possibly just a single session - might well "fix" you.

Archived