Will it affect my skin?

It is not recommended that you should use aqueous cream as a moisturiser anymore, I use this for my eczema and have been told to use it as an alternative to soap as using it straight to the skin can cause more harm than good. Ive copied and pasted this below....

Warning!

This preparation is for external use only.

A recent research study into the use of aqueous cream on healthy skin showed that regular use of aqueous cream can reduce the thickness of healthy skin and increase water loss from the skin. This is thought to be because it contains a detergent called sodium lauryl sulphate rather than just moisturisers. Skin experts now recommend that people with eczema only use aqueous cream as a soap substitute. There are many alternative moisturisers available for use in people with eczema.

When using this cream in the bath or shower take care to avoid slipping, especially when getting in or out because, the cream may make the bath/shower more slippery than usual.

I used to use aqueous cream too as a moisturiser as it was easier to get hold of than Hydrous/Oily cream and easier to apply. I also developed an allergy to E45.

I went to the doctor's last year as my face was looking quite red and inflamed and my doctor also advised against Aqueous cream as a moisturiser.

I now use a moisturiser from Superdrug instead.

To the OP, I'd see your doctor. See if they can offer support for your need to wash so much as well as recommending a moisturiser. Possibly something like Oilatum as a wash or add an additive to the water.

Guest sibon
Right guys so heres the question i have.

Basically im a real hygiene FREAK! and as a result i have at least 1 bath a day but usually its two or three!

Now the problem this is presenting is sometimes my skin is bone dry and no matter what i do it doesnt keep the moisture i wash my hands, bath in dove, etc but my skin just doesnt seem to be able to keep the moisture.

If you shower, you get cleaner. No more sitting around in all that dirty water:D

And it doesn't affect your skin as much. And it reduces the soap residue left on your skin. And it is better for the environment.

If you really are a hygiene freak, what on Earth are you doing in the bath?

If you shower, you get cleaner. No more sitting around in all that dirty water:D

And it doesn't affect your skin as much. And it reduces the soap residue left on your skin. And it is better for the environment.

If you really are a hygiene freak, what on Earth are you doing in the bath?

I rarely have baths but when I do I shower as the water is draining out of the plug hole to make sure I'm properly clean.

Archived