Yorkshire police arrest teenager for Facebook comments.

The post that Halibut quoted made no mention of treason.

It did actually - it was hard2miss's silly idea that it should be regarded as treason to wish death upon British servicemen that prompted my comment.

It did actually - it was hard2miss's silly idea that it should be regarded as treason to wish death upon British servicemen that prompted my comment.

Your sense of moral rectitude is almost obscene. Obviously you never wore the uniform of a soldier and more so have little regard or respect for your countrymen who are stuck in that awful place.

I'd rather make it a law that anyone who suggests restricting free speech had their right to free speech taken away, but of course that would by hypocritical...
I don't doubt.

Why should it be a requirement to agree with the actions of the government in order to live here?
I'm not saying you should agree with everything the Government says, but we live in a democracy where you can be heard and have a chance to dictate Government policy, I was talking about being a traitor to the country you live in, hence me talking or treason law being enforced and brought into effect.

It's a basic tenet of this country that people can want or wish or say what they like, even when it offends you.
I agree but this person was talking about our armed forces should die, and that's another matter.

It's one of things our armed forces have fought for in the past and now you'd just throw it away.

Why might he be deported, is there any evidence that he isn't British?

He is obviously second generation, if not first, Pakistani and holds contempt for this country so if he shows more regard to the more backwardly run countries over there then give him what he wishes and send him on his way.

Your sense of moral rectitude is almost obscene. Obviously you never wore the uniform of a soldier and more so have little regard or respect for your countrymen who are stuck in that awful place.

I have, and I agree with him.

The right to free speech is far more important than the right not to be offended by someones opinion. Our troops have fought for that right in the past, they didn't fight for free speech as long as it didn't offend people. Because that isn't free any more!

Archived