Yorkshire police arrest teenager for Facebook comments.

I don't doubt.

I'm not saying you should agree with everything the Government says, but we live in a democracy where you can be heard and have a chance to dictate Government policy, I was talking about being a traitor to the country you live in, hence me talking or treason law being enforced and brought into effect.

Treason is quite clear in what it means and mouthing off about how soldiers should die is clearly not treason.

I agree but this person was talking about our armed forces should die, and that's another matter.

No, it really isn't. Free speech isn't free if you stop people saying things that you don't agree with.

He is obviously second generation

So he's British then and not liable to be deported anywhere but back to here!

, if not first, Pakistani and holds contempt for this country so if he shows more regard to the more backwardly run countries over there then give him what he wishes and send him on his way.

I expect that most servicemen would feel sick at the sentiments you're expressing, you're being as anti British as the comments you're objecting to.

You're suggesting that treason be redefined to include expressing thoughts or opinions that you find offensive... That sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason_Act_1351

"compassed or imagined" (i.e. planned) the death of the King, his wife or his eldest son and heir;

The Queen has heirs in the military, hence he is included in the term "soldiers".

adhered to the King's enemies in his Realm, giving them aid and comfort in his Realm or elsewhere;

I believe he falls into that category plain and simple.

You're suggesting that treason be redefined to include expressing thoughts or opinions that you find offensive... That sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
No I am not, read the definition of treason. I'm sure its something about being disloyal to your country and nothing to do with if it personally offends an individual citizen of that country.

We have to abide by rules of engagement and be all 'jolly good show' while the Taliban are killing their own and bombing us on the roads.

We should be held accountable to values and yet if someone does not like a fellow citizen saying our troops should die then we are anti British IE: un moralistic.

Wow Cyclone and you accuse me of redefining things.

It did actually - it was hard2miss's silly idea that it should be regarded as treason to wish death upon British servicemen that prompted my comment.

Why is it a silly comment ? I find it obscene to actually wish death on anyone never mind my own countrymen..oops sorry I forgot you appear to condone murder with your signature ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason_Act_1351

The Queen has heirs in the military, hence he is included in the term "soldiers".

But the Queen is not the king... and in any event, I'm fairly sure that the 1351 Act has been superseded and no longer applies. It's no longer a treasonable act to say that Prince Harry deserves a smack around the ear.

Archived