Coin Counting machines

I bought the kids a money jar that has a digital display and counts coins as they go in, I cant remember how much they were but they were not much, In fact this is it...

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/digital-coin-sorter-money-bank.html

They are only 6 quid but...

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=coin+counter

If you like pink you can get one of these at Argos now for 11 quid.

I bought the kids a money jar that has a digital display and counts coins as they go in, I cant remember how much they were but they were not much, In fact this is it...

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/digital-coin-sorter-money-bank.html

They are only 6 quid but...

Good for kids, but at 6 quid, it would have to hold nearly £100 in small change to undercut the 7.5% coin machines for a one off change (it doesn't look big enough for a start) - and it won't change it into notes/hard cash for you, which I assume the OP is wishing for, given that they mentioned the weight.

At 32.99, it would need to hold over £400 to beat the coin machine. And again it doesn't reduce any weight, i.e. give you notes/hard cash.

Local shops are always seeking change, as long as it is counted and bagged for weighing, you'll generally get face value for your coinage.

Check with them and save £££££s

Don't think so! - in my experience, local shops (or any shops for that matter) would not appreciate large bags of change. Most shops, especially the small ones, or even assistants in large shops, wouldn't have the facility to weigh the money - and would physically have to re-count every bag, not an easy task when they are busy.

The OP really needs to visit a coinstar machine (as someone said, there is one in the new Tesco), or a bank. I have a feeling that any bank other than the OP's own wouldn't appreciate a large amount of coins either!

Good for kids, but at 6 quid, it would have to hold nearly £100 in small change to undercut the 7.5% coin machines for a one off change (it doesn't look big enough for a start) - and it won't change it into notes/hard cash for you, which I assume the OP is wishing for, given that they mentioned the weight.

At 32.99, it would need to hold over £400 to beat the coin machine. And again it doesn't reduce any weight, i.e. give you notes/hard cash.

Hey just a thought... but maybe put so much through and then... put some more through ! :hihi:

You dont think the thing self destructs after £10 worth of copper do you ? :D

They want something that counts change, not something to hold 100s of pounds of it.

Why cant they put so much through and bag it up, reset and put the next lot through?

You don't even need the jar for the counting lid part to work.

Hey just a thought... but maybe put so much through and then... put some more through ! :hihi:

You dont think the thing self destructs after £10 worth of copper do you ? :D

They want something that counts change, not something to hold 100s of pounds of it.

Why cant they put so much through and bag it up, reset and put the next lot through?

You don't even need the jar for the counting lid part to work.

Stop trying to under-complicate things. :D

I already said they are £11 if you don't mind it being pink to count it.

I saw the one above, sorry.

It needs batteries too. The thing I got from Lloyds Bank as a kid - the coins just rolled down a tube and distributed them by size order :) (one coin in at a time mind:( Might as well just count the bloody things!).

I saw the one above, sorry.

It needs batteries too. The thing I got from Lloyds Bank as a kid - the coins just rolled down a tube and distributed them by size order :) (one coin in at a time mind:( Might as well just count the bloody things!).

That's what kids are for. We just used to pour out the copper on the floor and have them go through it, it gives them something to do, helps them with their maths and gives them a appreciation for paper money :D

Archived