Boring Sports to Watch

PrimalJay

Live motor racing is orders of magnitude more boring than televised motor racing; you can't even see the whole track properly.

Nor can you see it on TV! Not even on heli-cam.

You have to pick the right place to stand to get best of both worlds. I found mine last year at Silverstone (vale), so I know where I'm standing this year: In front of a large TV screen... that way I see the speed and hear the noise when the cars pass me, and otherwise watch what you would see on TV, when the cars aren't where I am.

The only sports that I can actually imagine sitting down to watch, with a cuppa or a drink and definitely no distractions or 'multitasking', are football and tennis:)

As for the others I don't mind them in small doses (which defeats the whole point of course lol!) but I wouldn't be paying much attention and probably doing something else, occasionally glancing at the screen if someone pointed out when important things were happening:D

As the cricket season approaches all I have to say is pfft another few months of absoloute rubbish

in 1961 my dad took me to see the Aussies play Yorkshire apart from Fred Trueman, my hero, bowling it was the most boring day of my life never been to see the cricket again although 20-20 looks promising.

Archived