Roads to be privatised.

Vote forever you want but you live or die by your decision

But therein lies the problem, "we" vote LIEbour and they screw up, so "we" vote CONservatives and they screw up, so it's back to LIEbour, then back to the CONservatives it's just a bloody merry - go - round of electing failing Politicians.

We need a NEW Party who will work for the "whole" population, not just certain bits of it who give them brass to aid them getting elected.

Angel.

Who is that then?

Milliband?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

No no, please stop it hurts to laugh this much!!

:thumbsup:

Just seen Milliband on the news, he does realise that Labour was the first to bring in toll roads in this country!

This quote really makes me laugh!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1448994/12.15pm-on-Britains-first-toll-M-way.html

as well as Mr Darling's comments that this could be the first of many such toll roads to run alongside major motorways.

The minister's main message was offering motorists a choice, a two-tier transport system if you like, for those who have the cash to spare and so can look forward to an easy journey, and those who do not and will be condemned to M6 gridlock.

Cameron asked in his speech if water is a private enterprise why not roads.For mr the question was why the hell was water privatised.

As a country we need an efficient and maintained transport system and water treatment and distribution.

Forget the High speed train which benefits few,forget Trident,we are not a world power and spend the money on road maintenance and a national water grid system.

Road pricing has been looked at by successive governments for years. A quick check reveals that it was first put in front of Parliament in 1964. The last government was caught out to when they were secretly working secretly on it just before the last election, only a few years after a couple of million people has petitioned against it.

It's such a regular topic that Parliament has a handy research paper for MP's. http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN03732.pdf

Don't expect much to happen, apart from maybe another version of the M6 toll road.

The voice of sanity, at last.

Why is it that SF members see a tabloid headline and believe it to be fact, when they're usually taken with a pinch of salt?

I've never known such a gullible bunch of people.

And isn't it interesting how they gloss over the positives, such as:

Work was also needed to relieve gridlock by widening "pinch points" and allowing traffic to use motorway hard shoulders, the prime minister said.

As for private maintained roads, they're not new. There are plenty of A roads and motorways under private management. My experience shows they're usually in better condition than any others.

As for private maintained roads, they're not new. There are plenty of A roads and motorways under private management. My experience shows they're usually in better condition than any others.

I was wondering if gritting would be better on these roads too... maybe so!

Certain things need to be privatised others don't. Railways are a **** but the utilities aren't the disaster people think they are. If gas and electric was still in state hands do you think we'd all be paying late 80s prices ? Did people back then just leave all the lights on because leccy was that cheap ? I was only a kid so don't know but I wouldn't think that was the case. Would a state owned ultility network be immune from global price rises in gas etc ? I don't think so. We would get a load more bureaucracy and an even bigger public pension problem.

I've seen the trident argument on here too and it's a fair point. Why does it need replacing ? Is trident broken ? Are the warheads rusty ? Is it not nuclear enough ? Why can't we just keep the one we've got ? Better still why don't we just SAY we are going to replace it and, erm, don't. Who will know ?!?

I don't see what all the fuss is about, I am sure the plebs will just sit there in their cars in traffic jams while watching the rich cruise past on their private lane. As Mecky says I can only see prices going up, some unscrupulous firms will say they have to charge more for delivery as they use these lanes to make sure they deliver on time.

Does this happen with the M6 toll road?

Archived