Would you sell your vote?

Nobody in their right mind would try to buy your vote; it's impossible for you to guarantee that you will hold up your end of the deal. Nothing can prevent you from accepting my offer of £1,000 to vote for the Purple Party, and then just voting Green anyway. (In fact, you could accept votes from every party on the book and then just vote for whoever you wanted - only a party which records a tally of zero votes, can prove that you lied to them.)

Nobody in their right mind would try to buy your vote; it's impossible for you to guarantee that you will hold up your end of the deal. Nothing can prevent you from accepting my offer of £1,000 to vote for the Purple Party, and then just voting Green anyway. (In fact, you could accept votes from every party on the book and then just vote for whoever you wanted - only a party which records a tally of zero votes, can prove that you lied to them.)

Perhaps that's exactly what he intends to do. Bit silly talking about it on here though.

They're privatising that as well now?

They are privatizing everything else. Would not suprise me to see a business with strong links to the dominant political party (whoever that may be) "administering" elections in future, such is the corrupt nature of politics.

But they want my polling card so it would be guaranteed the candidate will stand a better chance winning election.

Archived