Good value text bundles for mobile phone

Having forgot to top up my phone in time Virgin have cancelled my bundle :( normally I would just top up and sort it, but it has made me pretty annoyed as I had at least 200 texts left that I paid for previously and they have taken the lot :mad:

Can anyone recommend a reliable and good provider that I could use to buy text bundles please? I rarely use my phone as anything else but use loads of texts so the most texts that I can get for a tenner a month or less.

Orange - go onto the Monkey PAYG tariff - top up £10 a month and get 400 free texts. Pay a fiver and get unlimited texts.

Awful customer service though (despite the woman in the shop advising me they were number one in customer service for broadband). Dreadful account management online too - has had a message on it for about two months apologising for the problems in accessing 'my account'.

Orange - go onto the Monkey PAYG tariff - top up £10 a month and get 400 free texts. Pay a fiver and get unlimited texts.

How do you get 400 texts for £10 yet unlimited for £5?

O2 for £10 a month you get unlimited texts plus 100 mins talk time.

How do you get 400 texts for £10 yet unlimited for £5?

O2 for £10 a month you get unlimited texts plus 100 mins talk time.

A £10 month top-up gives you 400 free texts and you keep your £10 for calls and to use on texts after you've used your 400 texts.

If you're on Monkey tariff and actually pay £5 (so your balance reduces by £5), you get unlimited texts for the month.

Sorry if that wasn't clear - all on PAYG rather than a contract.

If you already have a phone that you're OK with keeping, have a look at the O2 simplicity tariff, which doesn't supply you with a phone.

I've got unlimited texts, 800 minutes a month, unlimited calls to other O2 users and a really good data bundle for £20 a month, which is plenty for my use.

GiffGaff - £10 a month 'goodybag' gets you unlimited texts, unlimited data plus 250 mins.

You also get free GiffGaff to GiffGaff texts and calls for three months following buying a goodybag or topping up with credit, even after your credit/goodybag has run out.

Credit top ups do not expire unlike some providers.

You do have to remember to buy a new goodybag at the end of the month as they don't send a reminder which is annoying, but you can do it online very easily.

Edit - obviously this is sim only.

I'm on Orange Dolphin PAYG.

I stick on a tenner credit on, say, January and it gives me £10 credit and 400 texts and 100Mb internet.

I have to use the texts and internet within the month.

When the month is up I let the credit run down with texting and internet usage. Usually that takes another month.

So come March I stick another tenner on and get £10 credit and the texts and internet again.

I like it because I'm not forced to top up every month.

Archived