Why do people presume you're not clever if you're a carer?

you still wipe old peoples bums for a living, not that clever are you!

Are you going to be that judgemental and derogatory when they are the people keeping your parents clean, fed and happy?

How about when you are dependent on them yourself?

My sister in law used to work in a care home, then she worked caring for a man and wife who both had Cerebral Palsy in their home. She did everything for them, moreso the wife who was more severely affected.

I often said it was a job that I couldn't do. I would have been able to care for my parents had the need arose, but not for other people. However it is a good job that some people will do the job, and are good and dedicated people.

Thank you to all those people who are carers in whatever capacity, you do a fantastic job.

you still wipe old peoples bums for a living, not that clever are you!

If you seriously think all that's involved in my work is wiping peoples bums you are very deluded! eventually the majority of people will get to that stage unless you are one of the lucky ones who don't have their dignity taken away from them! Also we are as qualified as nurses so hopefully you will never need a stupid nurse either.

Are you going to be that judgemental and derogatory when they are the people keeping your parents clean, fed and happy?

How about when you are dependent on them yourself?

It's true though who wants someone else's poo scent stinging their nostrils?

Ill tell you what is disgusting in this country, if you are a carer for someone who is disabled [caring for them 35 hrs a week]you get £55 a week for caring for them, you cannot earn more than £15 a week or your money gets stopped, think of how much money these people save the nhs/social services etc

It could be worse, you might work in a call centre - or be a banker!!!

Whatever you do in life there'll always be some folk determined to look down on you. Says more about them than about you.

We tend to do far too little caring - and far too much expecting to get it! It's the curse of our age.

You must have had a bad experience to come out with such a profound statement as people and not some people or a minority.

People do not think carers are not clever although some people might and those are the ones that are going to end up on their own. Being a carer is a personal choice and I would trust a million pounds with a carer than a politician, banker or policeman.

I absolutely love my job and it is all about making the difference to a person quality of life, over the last few months we have had quite a few people come to us in what can only be described as a very sorry state due to neglect, but due to all our staffs hard work we have got them back to health, when you have someone who have been moved to tears because of all the dedication you put in and can not thank you enough for what you have done or a family thanking you for making their mother/ fathers last few years happy and content ...that's makes us do it all again and what makes my job worthwhile, knowing that you made that difference!

It's true though who wants someone else's poo scent stinging their nostrils?

People like you make me sick. If your parents or even you at a later date needed this sort of care you would soon change your mind.

If you do ever need this care I hope you get one of those carers in the minority who just tolerate the job and will treat you with the disdain that you deserve. However as most carers are by the very definition of the name caring you will probably be treated like royalty.

Archived