School Shooting, 4 Dead

I was wondering the same. If this happened in the US, this thread would be ten pages long by now.

If it had happened in the US there would have been one post condemning it and 9 plus pages of posts from members of the NRA defending the right to bear arms.

I would however refrain from calling this a terrorist attack until we have more info.

Even if it's not linked to the murders of the Paras last week I think it's perfectly reasonable to call the coldblooded murder of kids and parents at a school a terrorist attack. As Loob pointed out .45's are rare in France so there is a strong likelyhood that the shootings are linked given the similar nature and geographic proximity.

Given the Paras were all of north african origin the perps affiliation could equally be far right terrorist or islamist terrorist, both object to Muslims serving in the French forces though for different reasons and both hate Jews.

What is its ethnic mix, please?
As with most large cities in France, very mixed - white & northern african mostly, a good proportion of black african/antilles, little in the way of anything else. Very mixed religiously, all major religions well-represented (catholic, historically very strong, but also muslim and jewish - with no notable issues).

The nothern african contingent is fairly sizeable (though still not a majority), probably down to historico-geographical reasons (proximity to Med/Maghreb), however nowhere near as 'problematic' as the same mix in Marseille where "crimes and stats" are concerned.

Toulouse has long been 'on the up', as French cities go, as the local economy is reasonably well-driven by hi-tech (Airbus is close-by and has major suppliers locally).

Archived