School Shooting, 4 Dead

If it had happened in the US there would have been one post condemning it and 9 plus pages of posts from members of the NRA defending the right to bear arms.

Well, you don't usually see NRA members going on killing sprees like this. NRA members enjoy shooting as a hobby and do so responsibly. Or maybe they carry a firearm as part of their job. It's also part of the US constitution. People who behave responsibly with guns are rarely the problem.

Why else would a criminal want a gun? For self defense? Unfortunately, as this tragedy (which isn't the first and sadly, won't be the last) has proved once again, the very people who shouldn't have guns, have them.

Well, you don't usually see NRA members going on killing sprees like this. NRA members enjoy shooting as a hobby and do so responsibly. Or maybe they carry a firearm as part of their job. It's also part of the US constitution. People who behave responsibly with guns are rarely the problem.

Why else would a criminal want a gun? For self defense? Unfortunately, as this tragedy (which isn't the first and sadly, won't be the last) has proved once again, the very people who shouldn't have guns, have them.

The difference is that, in France, having a gun is probably unlawful. In the USA, it's lawful.

Unfortunately, as this tragedy (which isn't the first and sadly, won't be the last) has proved once again, the very people who shouldn't have guns, have them.

?!?

Unless you're suggesting that teachers and/or schoolchildren should be armed then I really don't see how looser gun laws could have prevented this.

Perhaps you could explain?

The difference is that, in France, having a gun is probably unlawful. In the USA, it's lawful.

Not everyone here can legally obtain a gun. I don't have one, nor do I want one. It's usually the people who shouldn't have them that are the problem, and those people always have them.

?!?

Unless you're suggesting that teachers and/or schoolchildren should be armed then I really don't see how looser gun laws could have prevented this.

Perhaps you could explain?

I am suggesting nothing of the sort. Nor am I suggesting that looser gun laws could have prevented this. I don't know how you got that out of my posts. I am suggesting that lawful gun owners aren't usually the problem. For the last time, the people who shouldn't have guns, will always have them. They don't obey the law. Do you suppose the guy who did this is a legal gun owner?

I am suggesting nothing of the sort. Nor am I suggesting that looser gun laws could have prevented this. I don't know how you got that out of my posts.
Having read it again you really didn't imply that, I'm sorry I got the wrong end of the stick.

It seemed odd to even mention gun control laws but I realise now it wasn't even you who brought them up.

For the last time, the people who shouldn't have guns, will always have them. They don't obey the law.
Aw c'mon don't act like I'm trying your patience! It was only the first time last time! I wouldn't disagree with that, mostly.

Do you suppose the guy who did this is a legal gun owner?

No I don't, gun control laws not relevant to this crime.

Having read it again you really didn't imply that, I'm sorry I got the wrong end of the stick.

It's ok. No offense taken.

Aw c'mon don't act like I'm trying your patience! It was only the first time last time! I wouldn't disagree with that, mostly.

I'm sorry I snapped at you. I do get weary explaining the same thing again and again. Unfortunately, this isn't like talking with someone face to face.

No I don't, gun control laws not relevant to this crime.

You're right. They are not. I'm so glad this has not devolved into an enormous argument. I don't have the energy for that, not today. We have to go have our taxes done. :(

Archived