How can i contact HMRC without ringing 0845 number?

I don't know - I assumed the number was costing a lot more than a national number would since the OP had been charged £21 so far to call the 0845 number.

Just has a look at my latest BT bill..the last 0845 number I used cost about 3.6p/minute...

If it cost you £21 you must have been using a mobile. It is not recommended to ring any 08xx number from a mobile, they are charged at a premium and not included in any contract. Use a landline and it will cost less than a pound for a really long call.

If it cost you £21 you must have been using a mobile. It is not recommended to ring any 08xx number from a mobile, they are charged at a premium and not included in any contract. Use a landline and it will cost less than a pound for a really long call.

All well and good (and quite patronizing) but there are some people who don't have access to a landline and therefore need an alternative cheaper number to call from a mobile.

i dont have a landline,

iv just rang the 0845 number spent 5 mins listening to recordings answered my call only to tell me systems are down and can i ring back later this afternoon!!

all i want is my user id and password sending out as now i cant even log in arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

iv tried to re register for SA online so see if i get an SA activation code through post,

I believe (but don't quote me) that if you come into the enquiry centre on Young Street you'll be directed to a telephone and told to ring the 0845 number again but you'll be prioritised and wont have to sit in a queue for an hour being told that your call is important to us whilst listening to naff muzak.

I believe (but don't quote me) that if you come into the enquiry centre on Young Street you'll be directed to a telephone and told to ring the 0845 number again but you'll be prioritised and wont have to sit in a queue for an hour being told that your call is important to us whilst listening to naff muzak.

Spot on.

The most irritating thing with that number is that you have to listen to five minutes of "try looking on the website" before actually choosing the options you want.

i dont have a landline,

iv just rang the 0845 number spent 5 mins listening to recordings answered my call only to tell me systems are down and can i ring back later this afternoon!!

all i want is my user id and password sending out as now i cant even log in arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

iv tried to re register for SA online so see if i get an SA activation code through post,

Bit of a nightmare then. I hate 08xx numbers. Totally unnecessary.

Archived