Does the income tax threshold go up next month?

:hihi: It's a big fat zero...there hasn't been a married couples allowance for years.. ( unless one of you is over 77 I think)

yea i just looked at that. me n the Mrs' joint age isnt 77 so I dont think we qualify!

interesting they note civil partnerships under the same rule. I dont think there are many CP's where the people are over 77?!

Would be a major help for us and im sure a lot more Sheffielders would spend £ in the local economy!

Great move from Nick Clegg (I dont vote Lib Dem btw), for me the best policy to come out of this Govt. so far!

Don't get too excited - it'll mean you get about £10 extra per month, or £2.40 per week.

Still far too low. Pitiful, in fact.

Any party that claims it is for the poor and low paid worker and then proceeds to maintain or prolong a tax system which steals a significant portion of the fruits of said poor and low paid worker's labour is indulging in the most blatant hypocrisy.

If income tax is to be considered theft (whether necessary or not), then it is surely the most viscous and incentive crushing when inflicted upon the lowest paid in society.

Archived