Crowd Surfers at 02 academy

Backwoods

I went to see Black Stone Cherry with my daughter and her friends as they were 13.

This young lad crowd surfed past me and this man took a disliking to him once he got on the floor, i saw him shout at him and the lad didnt seem to care. Personally i dont find anything wrong with crowd surfers i would have done it when i was a young lad. What are your views on crowd surfers?

I went to see Black Stone Cherry with my daughter and her friends as they were 13.

This young lad crowd surfed past me and this man took a disliking to him once he got on the floor, i saw him shout at him and the lad didnt seem to care. Personally i dont find anything wrong with crowd surfers i would have done it when i was a young lad. What are your views on crowd surfers?

Firstly, i was at the same concert and it ROCKED, love Black Stone Cherry, and secondly, i have no problem with crowd surfers, its just a bit of fun for the young uns, granted, getting a size 9 Converse round the back of your head for the first time was a bit of a surprise, but i soon got used to it...

Guest sibon
And for me, the worst offenders were the people spitting and throwing theirs empty beer pots from the balcony onto the crowd below, that i wasn't impressed with :rant::rant:

That is always a problem at the Academy. Really, the venue should get it under control. A policy of "throw anything off the balcony and you get ejected" would sort it.

I always stand under the balcony to keep dry:)

Firstly, i was at the same concert and it ROCKED, love Black Stone Cherry, and secondly, i have no problem with crowd surfers, its just a bit of fun for the young uns, granted, getting a size 9 Converse round the back of your head for the first time was a bit of a surprise, but i soon got used to it...

I agree with you, its fun for the younger ones, i wouldnt have allowed my 13 year old daughters to do it though, i saw one lass get felt up.

I do believe i saw a young lad wearing converse knacking somebody on the back of the head, or 2 people. I mean they can't help it, its the crowd who send them in the directions. I honestly felt like crowd surfing but i dont think they would have liked a 48 year old man who weighs 14 stone on top of them lol

And for me, the worst offenders were the people spitting and throwing theirs empty beer pots from the balcony onto the crowd below, that i wasn't impressed with :rant::rant:

Yeah i wasnt impressed with that either, was tempted to go up there and sort them out a couple of times, dirty little buggers!

I agree with you, its fun for the younger ones, i wouldnt have allowed my 13 year old daughters to do it though, i saw one lass get felt up.

I do believe i saw a young lad wearing converse knacking somebody on the back of the head, or 2 people. I mean they can't help it, its the crowd who send them in the directions. I honestly felt like crowd surfing but i dont think they would have liked a 48 year old man who weighs 14 stone on top of them lol

That might have been my head getting booted, lol... Yeah, i saw a young girl, 16/17ish being groped by blokes probably old enough to be her dad, was more or less centre stage quite near the front. Next time BSC play Sheffield, me you and Mel will have to do some crowd surfing, i'm 44 and 14 stone so lets see how long people can hold us up for, lol :hihi::hihi:

If you want to go to the very front of a gig, where the best sound and by far the best atmosphere will be, you need to understand that you may get some bruises. It's rough and tumble and always has been.

If you really want to enjoy that you will be crushed and you will be poked. But it is where the greatest gig experience is......

and why arena gigs are soulless and s#1te

Archived