Crowd Surfers at 02 academy

Backwoods

If I can get to the front, stand near the sound board. If I cant have the best view, I'll have the best sound in the venue. Also its a GREAT way to get souvenirs like set lists!

I'm too old for crowd surfing but never did it when I was young enough to do so either. After seeing a mate try to jump off the speakers once and the crowd decided to part , so he landed flat on his face. Thought maybe that wasnt for me.

That might have been my head getting booted, lol... Yeah, i saw a young girl, 16/17ish being groped by blokes probably old enough to be her dad, was more or less centre stage quite near the front. Next time BSC play Sheffield, me you and Mel will have to do some crowd surfing, i'm 44 and 14 stone so lets see how long people can hold us up for, lol :hihi::hihi:

oooooo i'll play 6'2" 26 stone !!! :hihi::hihi:

If you want to go to the very front of a gig, where the best sound and by far the best atmosphere will be, you need to understand that you may get some bruises. It's rough and tumble and always has been.

If you really want to enjoy that you will be crushed and you will be poked. But it is where the greatest gig experience is......

and why arena gigs are soulless and s#1te

Totally agree about arena gigs, wouldn't waste my cash, and yeah, the front, or as near, as dammit, is certainly the best place to be, we were about 10ft away from center stage and being amongst it all was awesome :headbang::headbang:

If I can get to the front, stand near the sound board. If I cant have the best view, I'll have the best sound in the venue. Also its a GREAT way to get souvenirs like set lists!

I'm too old for crowd surfing but never did it when I was young enough to do so either. After seeing a mate try to jump off the speakers once and the crowd decided to part , so he landed flat on his face. Thought maybe that wasnt for me.

I agree, but I think you mean "if I can't get to the front".

If there is a house sound engineer he/she is mixing the house sound to their ears. So you will hear what they are hearing, a mix as close to the CD as is possible.

However, the closer you get to the band, the nearer the sound will be to the band's idea of the energy of the live sound. And often the vocals are more clear because they play to the monitoring on stage and you can hear it, but also feel part of the live band energy, when you are so close you can smell them...

I agree, but I think you mean "if I can't get to the front".

If there is a house sound engineer he/she is mixing the house sound to their ears. So you will hear what they are hearing, a mix as close to the CD as is possible.

However, the closer you get to the band, the nearer the sound will be to the band's idea of the energy of the live sound. And often the vocals are more clear because they play to the monitoring on stage and you can hear it, but also feel part of the live band energy, when you are so close you can smell them...

Ooops typo!! Thats EXACTLY what I meant!

If not frontfront row (I need to feel the crowd pushing me against the security gates) then the mixing desk. No where else in between. Mainly for all the reasons youve described

Saw Jarvis Cocker at the O2 a few years back and standing by the desk worked in my favour, as Jarv did a DJ set for an hour and half and I was RIGHT there.

I went brilliant gig and no it wouldn't bother me with the crowd surfing not that I would being a 50 year old woman but if the young uns enjoy it fine. I always stand under the balcony so nothing can fall on me!!

I have noticed some older rock fans seem to have lost their sense of fun and forgotten what its like to be young.

And for me, the worst offenders were the people spitting and throwing theirs empty beer pots from the balcony onto the crowd below, that i wasn't impressed with :rant::rant:

I was on the balcony and honestly didn't see anyone do this. The only thing I was tempted to throw over the balcony was the woman in front of me who insisted on jumping up and down, when she could have been downstairs doing that.

The crowd surfers looked like they were having fun. My husband loved the security guard who always looked disappointed when the surfer was dropped before he could catch them

Archived