Crowd Surfers at 02 academy

Backwoods

i'll get my chance go to steel panther in manchester week on friday !!

i'm so jealous that you're going to see them. i saw them when they supported Motley Crue and Def Leppard in December and thought they were awesome

The only thing I was tempted to throw over the balcony was the woman in front of me who insisted on jumping up and down, when she could have been downstairs doing that.

Could you actually get downstairs ?

Many times I've been there to see a gig, they keep upstairs seperate from downstairs and you are stuck in the section you were put in.

Many times I've been there to see a gig, they keep upstairs seperate from downstairs and you are stuck in the section you were put in.

To be honest I don't know, but we got there quite a bit before Rival Sons went on and they were there and looked pretty settled so I'm guessing they would have been able to get downstairs when they got there and headed for the front etc.

Yes you can now. When it opened the two areas were ticketed seperately, but not any more. That said, the balcony isn't always open, so you can be stuck downstairs.

the crowd surfer was probably my son. he mentioned that egged on by his mates he'd done his first crowd surf. one bloke did have a proper go at him even though my son tried to apologise. he also apologised to the man who posted about getting a size 9 converse round the back of his head who took it in good spirit.

i've never really seen the point of crowd surfing in itself.. "when i were a lad" you crowd surfed to get to the stage to dive off.. now there's health-and-safety (gone-mad) the days of stage diving seem long gone - which leaves crowd surfing seem a bit pointless.

In the mid/late 80s you also used to get a lot of acrobatics at gigs with bands who had large travelling followings (hitching around going to every gig) - one of these involved someone being held up horizontally at shoulder height by his mates (the surfboard) as someone stood on him "surfing".. you dont seem to get any of that these days...

things were very different back then...

the crowd surfer was probably my son. he mentioned that egged on by his mates he'd done his first crowd surf. one bloke did have a proper go at him even though my son tried to apologise. he also apologised to the man who posted about getting a size 9 converse round the back of his head who took it in good spirit.

It was good to see the kids having a bit of fun, i would have done the same at that age, i think some older people need to lighten up a bit, as i said earlier, the surfers weren't a problem, it was the s**t-for-brains who were throwing stuff down onto the crowd that were, and if it was your lad that caught me with his foot, no hard feelings, it was a fun night...

Archived