Best family car for £2500??

I have a max budget of £2500 for my car. I currently run my parents old freelander diesel but its proving too costly.

So what can people suggest within my budget? I need a decent size, but don't like estates. Would need to fit 2 car seats in the back plus one child in the middle (no booster needed). A decent boot space and most important is cheap road tax and at least 45mpg.

I know its a tall order but any helpful suggestions would be appreciated! :D

I drive a Honda Jazz which are surprisingly spacious, and supposed to be the most reliable car on the road.I drive alot in the peak district up and down those hills, its a 1.4 and gives me a proper 42 mpg. What most people don`t realise is that some models like mine have 7 gears, its also an automatic which means you can`t feel the gear changes at all. Its had consistantly good reviews, just like the ford focus. But if your budget is only around the £2500 mark then you need to pick a reliable car, so first check out the reliability league tables, which is based on warrenty claims.

I drive a Honda Jazz which are surprisingly spacious, and supposed to be the most reliable car on the road.I drive alot in the peak district up and down those hills, its a 1.4 and gives me a proper 42 mpg. What most people don`t realise is that some models like mine have 7 gears, its also an automatic which means you can`t feel the gear changes at all. Its had consistantly good reviews, just like the ford focus. But if your budget is only around the £2500 mark then you need to pick a reliable car, so first check out the reliability league tables, which is based on warrenty claims.

Really? Can I have 3 of them. Thanks.

Archived