What's Happening Arbouthorne/Manor 20-03-2012, 11:57

well i live on arbourthorne and its VERY RARE to see police god sometimes we need it!!!

Do you walk around with your eyes shut or something? I can't remember the last time I didn't see police around the area.

May aswell make this thread a sticky.

Do you walk around with your eyes shut or something? I can't remember the last time I didn't see police around the area.

WELL i must do,iv lived on there 24 years and we deffo need police patroling around

I'm with you on this. I can't remember a day I've not seen a police car , and I definitely can't recall a night without hearing sirens quite a few times.

Lived in a couple of other places in Sheffield, and I can say from my experience that the police are in Arbourthorne far more than those areas.

The crime figures speak for themselves. Go to the police website and look at the crime figures for the various areas. Its no surprise that more crimes are reported in certain areas.

I'm with you on this. I can't remember a day I've not seen a police car , and I definitely can't recall a night without hearing sirens quite a few times.

Lived in a couple of other places in Sheffield, and I can say from my experience that the police are in Arbourthorne far more than those areas.

The crime figures speak for themselves. Go to the police website and look at the crime figures for the various areas. Its no surprise that more crimes are reported in certain areas.

if the police are around as much as you are saying,then how come theres so much crime?????iv asked loads of times for the police to patrol more in my area

if the police are around as much as you are saying,then how come theres so much crime?????iv asked loads of times for the police to patrol more in my area

Because quite simply there's not enough police. There are more criminals (certainly more crimes) in S2 than there are police in Sheffield as a whole. They can't be everywhere at once.

In fact, this very old thread - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-175435.html - suggests 23 officers covering South Sheffield. There are certainly more than 23 incidents per evening in South Sheffield.

The point is, they respond to more calls in our area, but sadly, whilst they're doing that, some other chav is breaking into a house or car in a different part of the area.

You could put all the police in S2, but then other areas would have none.

The answer? Well, either you need more police, but who will pay for them, or less criminals. I don't think either of those are easily solved.

Archived