Trusting new posters on the forum

I feel sorry for the relatively new forumers who don't realise that another forumer may be either a well known troll who should probably be ignored, or someone who is using a personality construct just to muck about.

Regulars may know full well that someone pretending to be a rich bloke from Dore is really a sad doley in a Wincobank bedsit but newcomers may actually think they are a real person and either believe stuff they say or try to interact with them, thinking they are something they aren't.

I actually prefer the out and out trolls to the made up "personalities".

As the forum has aged obviously people have been banned, or have had issues with other users in the past and have left or stopped posting.

Has the trust in the "new poster" gone now, you notice it on the football section as no one seems to trust a new user on that section, is it like it on the other sections of the forum ???

I think you have a lot to learn about people and their usage of the Internet.

I feel sorry for the relatively new forumers who don't realise that another forumer may be either a well known troll who should probably be ignored, or someone who is using a personality construct just to muck about.

Regulars may know full well that someone pretending to be a rich bloke from Dore is really a sad doley in a Wincobank bedsit but newcomers may actually think they are a real person and either believe stuff they say or try to interact with them, thinking they are something they aren't.

I actually prefer the out and out trolls to the made up "personalities".

Made up personalities is also what Paedophiles use as well as rich blokes from Dore. :hihi:

Oooh, so are you saying he's not really a tax man? Am I spooky?

no, no - he IS a taxman.

He told me that he knew ways to get me lots of tax back, so I gave him my bank details and passwords and he promised to sort my finances out. :thumbsup:

Mind you, that was April 2008 and 3780 posts ago.......:huh: still waiting.

no, no - he IS a taxman.

He told me that he knew ways to get me lots of tax back, so I gave him my bank details and passwords and he promised to sort my finances out. :thumbsup:

Mind you, that was April 2008 and 3780 posts ago.......:huh: still waiting.

Sounds more like a tax evader to me :(

Archived