Baroness Ashton what a disgrace

My answer is clear to all but the ones who wish not to see it. :)

No it isn't. You haven't attempted to answer the question - are people supposed to guess at what you mean?

Please refer me to the post where you explain what is wrong with the timing or I shall have to assume you're just avoiding the question. Thanks.

The timing was poor.

On the day people have died she chooses to make a political point.

Did you mean this? Is there some kind of rule that one can't make poltical points on a day when someone has died?

Bizarre. Is it really a 'political point' to observe that the killing of children is tragic and awful?

No it isn't. You haven't attempted to answer the question - are people supposed to guess at what you mean?

Please refer me to the post where you explain what is wrong with the timing or I shall have to assume you're just avoiding the question. Thanks.

Yes it is my friend.

Post number 34 proves that :)

I fear you are just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

To what ends i do not know.

Some silly cow who claims to speak for all of europe .....

Rather underlines the issue with unelected people speaking for entire continents does it not?

First, she doesn't claim to speak for an entire continent, just for the EU i.e. not Belarus, Ukraine, Albania, Vatican City, et al. Second, the fact she's unelected is irrelevant. Hillary Clinton is unelected but speaks on behalf of the US administration. Both women were appointed by elected politicians to speak on their behalf. I think you just oppose what she said and rather than just deal with that you also try to undermine her standing. Don't play shoot the messenger when it's the argument you're opposed to, especially when you're making things up.

Yes it is my friend.

Post number 34 proves that :)

I fear you are just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

To what ends i do not know.

How is comment on the awfulness of children being killed political?

Why should she not have said what she said?

According to the Fail she said ''When we remember young people who have been killed in all sorts of terrible circumstances – the Belgian children having lost their lives in a terrible tragedy and when we think of what happened in Toulouse, when we remember what happened in Norway a year ago, when we know what is happening in Syria, when we see what is happening in Gaza and in different parts of the world – we remember young people and children who lose their lives.''

Perhaps you could point out what was misguided about it?

Surely the deaths of children in all the circumstances she mentions are equally tragic - or are some less tragic than others?

She left out children who die of illness/disease. Does she not care about those children?

Did you mean this? Is there some kind of rule that one can't make poltical points on a day when someone has died?

Bizarre. Is it really a 'political point' to observe that the killing of children is tragic and awful?

It seemed to me a fairly obvious but pointless statement to make. She feels sorry for children who die. So who doesn't?

Well firstly is she is not elected and secondly I'm glad we agree it is a political comment

And lastly it plan wrong

The context of what is happening in Gaza is partiularly pertinent to what happened in Toulouse

In the crazy world of Middle Eastern politics one killing begets another, then another, then another. It seems without any end. If children are being killed all of it is wrong, no matter who those children are and no matter who they are getting killed by.

It seems the 'mistake' Ashton has made is infusing the whole thing with a dose of reality and a nod to Arab countries to indicate she understands the situation. Good for her and not once did she condone what happened in Toulouse.

Archived