Seaside Indulgences

I love those 5 for a £1 ring doughnuts with loads of sugar on.

Oooh yes!!! Such a shame they closed the place in North bay in Scarborough when they built those flats. A bag of hot, fresh doughnuts was always the start to our day at Scarborough.

Fish and chips are good too and although I am a lover of quality ice cream I do have a weakness for lemon tops made with swirly ice cream out of a machine....

Scarborough - the jacket potato hut next to the lifeboat house is a must, followed by a trip across the road to the Harbour Lights bar for a tub of their lemon ice cream (out of this world!), and donuts from the coffee hut further along the beach (although they are overpriced) - I've yet to find a chippy I'm over impresed with - Silver Pan is about the best I've found.

Whitby - Magpie takeaway for fish and chips (wonderful)

Skegness - visited lots of chippies and yet to find one that's any good with the exception of one down chip pan alley that does specials at a great price, can't remember the name though, you can sit outside

Apart from rock, what are your little indulgences that you enjoy eating at the seaside.

I love those 5 for a £1 ring doughnuts with loads of sugar on,

Sorry to be the one to break the news but went to Brid yesterday and doughnuts are now 4 for a £1 :(

Archived