Where does Malin Bridge start & end?

"classed as" - by who?

To my mind the real anomoly is that Rivelin School is nowhere near Rivelin. :loopy:

Estate Agent and post office, to be honest i'm not bothered either way

There used to be a gym on Greenock street and they said it was in Loxley!!!

Malin Bridge spans the rivers,and in a wider sense embraces Bank Field,Loxley Bottom and in Ron Clayton has its own mayor and foreign attache for links with Sheffield and Bradfield.

We have worked out you live on Findon Rd so the secret is out-why the shame?

I think it is the cul de sac, with the book shop on the corner.

How about Findon Street, is that still Malin Bridge or Hillsborough/Wisewood?

Am I right in thinking Dykes Lane & Findon Road are both classed as Wisewood? And what about roads like Bankfield Road or Hibberd Place that are down towards the tram stop, but the other side of Dykes Lane?

(I'm getting a bit obsessed now, sorry ;-))

Hillsborough,i used to live in the middle of it.

Estate Agent and post office, to be honest i'm not bothered either way
Estate Agents are idiots. The Post Office don't categorise sub-post-town areas. Everything is Sheffield S(something).

I used to label delivery rounds with a subdistrict as a reminder of what direction to set off in, but it's expired and I don't have an update. Off the top off my head, though, I think I tagged the following roads as Malin Bridge:

* Watersmeet Road

* Rivelin Bank

* Racker Way

* Rivelin Valley Road up to Mousehole

* Holme Lane up to Ball Road

* Loxley New Road

* Corn Mill Court (the old Comet)

* Loxley Road between Holme Lane and the bottom of Dykes Lane.

Estate Agents are idiots. The Post Office don't categorise sub-post-town areas. Everything is Sheffield S(something).

I used to label delivery rounds with a subdistrict as a reminder of what direction to set off in, but it's expired and I don't have an update. Off the top off my head, though, I think I tagged the following roads as Malin Bridge:

* Watersmeet Road

* Rivelin Bank

* Racker Way

* Rivelin Valley Road up to Mousehole

* Holme Lane up to Ball Road

* Loxley New Road

* Corn Mill Court (the old Comet)

* Loxley Road between Holme Lane and the bottom of Dykes Lane.

So Oakland is Hillsborough then according to your knowledge,i know rippon crescent is Malin bridge,but like i said i could'nt care less what the area is called

So Oakland is Hillsborough then according to your knowledge,i know rippon crescent is Malin bridge,but like i said i could'nt care less what the area is called
I grew up on Rippon Road, and I would never have said it was Malin Bridge. We went to Malin Bridge to catch the bus. If pushed, I'd have described where I lived as "up the hill from Malin Bridge".

I grew up on Rippon Road, and I would never have said it was Malin Bridge. We went to Malin Bridge to catch the bus. If pushed, I'd have described where I lived as "up the hill from Malin Bridge".[/quote

Archived