Where does Malin Bridge start & end?

It's only snobbery if someone is saying that one area is better than another. I don't care whether my street is classed as Wisewood, Malin Bridge, Hillsborough or anywhere else, I just had a passing wonder where the boundaries are of the area I supposedly live in are, so I thought I'd ask on here in case anyone knew. Didn't expect it to turn into a row about shops and accusations of snobbery, people on here really can turn anything into an argument!

Amen to that love :D :D

By the way did you ever find out the answer to your original post?

Well you must be deaf if thats the most outrageous experience you have endured and its says much for your parochialism.Bolers is tacky and reeks of food at lunch when the owner pies on pounds eating yet another 600 calories from the Supper Spot,themselves a tacky chip shop who use rancid dripping to fry their chips.

How can a debate on boundaries turn into a slating of shops. Do you have a grudge against these shops and do you sit watching the owner have his lunch?

How can a debate on boundaries turn into a slating of shops. Do you have a grudge against these shops and do you sit watching the owner have his lunch?

No I use several but not out of choice.I love to sit and watch the fat man eat his chips.Do you know Malin Bridge or are you a neutral observer?

No I use several but not out of choice.I love to sit and watch the fat man eat his chips.Do you know Malin Bridge or are you a neutral observer?

I know Malin Bridge and although the area does look 'tired' I see no reason for slating the shops that are providing a service, why does it matter that the owner has chips for lunch? And why say that a chip shop has rancid dripping when it has been graded by the health and safety team as Five stars

I know Malin Bridge and although the area does look 'tired' I see no reason for slating the shops that are providing a service, why does it matter that the owner has chips for lunch? And why say that a chip shop has rancid dripping when it has been graded by the health and safety team as Five stars

Well you have not spent time on the bridge with its decayed appearance.I remember this as a thriving area before the one way system was created to ease traffic flow-it had a bank,betting shop,butchers,bakers,wet fish,haberdashers,funeral parlour ,two newsagents,a drapers,several fruit and veg,a pawn-brokers and still has an excellent plumbers merchants(Bolers).Now we have to travel into Hillsborough or go up to Stannington to buy the basics.

What a strange fetish you have there, does it have to be chips you watch people eat or can it be other types of fried food? What if I was sat on a bench eating a fish cake, would I be safe with perverts like you around?

Why don't you tell "the fat man" that he insults you in the choice of food he has?

I think I know why you wouldn't say a thing to him, keep tapping away on the keyboard pal, it'll make you feel better eventually.

:)

What a strange fetish you have there, does it have to be chips you watch people eat or can it be other types of fried food? What if I was sat on a bench eating a fish cake, would I be safe with perverts like you around?

Why don't you tell "the fat man" that he insults you in the choice of food he has?

I think I know why you wouldn't say a thing to him, keep tapping away on the keyboard pal, it'll make you feel better eventually.

:)

All fried food is acceptable,you would be safe as you sound unappealling,I am wary of the fat man.and lets hope your keyboard advice works.

I live on oakland road and I always think of the Malin bridge boundaries as (roughly) Holme lane to the south from bottom of Oakland road to loxley road, up to dykes lane and rippon road, and then across to include the bottom half of Oakland road.

I think of the top half of Oakland road, beechwood and hawthorn as hillsborough

and i think of findon street (the bit from dykes hall road to dykes lane) as just in hillsborough but being the lower edge of wisewood.

Archived