Where does Malin Bridge start & end?

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I thought Oakland Road was the boundary in that direction. I know Meredith Road is classed as Malin Bridge as I have a friend who used to live on there.
That's right!.......also Malin Bridge ran up Stannington road to the pub at the bottom of wood lane in days gone by,.........now it seems Stannington instead of starting and ending at the Sportsman at the bottom of the village,starts and ends at the old Olivers corn mill at Malin bridge,all the areas in between have disappeared like Woodlands, Fairbarn etc etc............people prefer now to call it all Stannington, which of course it never was in the past.Still does it matter?

Melin -Welsh

Moulin- French

Mühle-German

Mylen- Old English

All from the Greek-myle

Moulin means mill and there was a water mill there straddling the Loxley.Alternative Mail In Bridge may refer to the post office which boasted the most outrageous wig-wearer since Mikes Carpets was commissioned to test colour TV sets in the 1970s

To my mind the real anomoly is that Rivelin School is nowhere near Rivelin.
It is in Rivelin Valley and overlooks the river,some 50 metres to the north.The greater anamoly is how City School is a suburban loction.
Rivelin School is in LOXLEY valley, the river just to the north is the LOXLEY.

Archived