Scarborough, Whitby, Skegness, Brid or Blackpool

This might help

Part of Whitby Pier is closed at the moment for repairs but last time we went you could still go to the top of the lighthouse. I think it cost a couple of quid but I don't think there are strict opening hours, just when some old bloke decides to open it up.

It's a great view but a bit scary going up and down.

Oh that's a great site, thanks for that, taxman.:thumbsup:

Scarborough gets it from me as well. Lots of happy memories of the place, and within relatively short drives from Whitby, Stoop Beck and the surrounding areas. Lots to do, and still a fairly "traditional" seaside resort.

Have stayed in Scarborough twice and love it, took day trips to Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay which I enjoyed

btw is that clairvoyant still there in her little hut on Whitby harbour? :hihi:

Blimey, thats going back a bit...:o

Totally agree, I love all the gothic/Dracula connection too :love:

Have you ever been for the Goth Weekend Nikki? We have been three times and it is absolutely fantastic. The outfits that the people wear are stunning, and all sorts of people dress up, men, women, children, all ages and sizes. The atmosphere is brilliant too.

I love Whitby in general but Goth weekend makes it a bit special.

I also love Staithes, and Sands End which are close to Whitby. If I ever won the lottery (Be a miracle because I don't do it) I would love to move to Whitby.

Archived