Britain's Crimes of Honour

Yes, I didn't see it all. You've just reminded me, I'll view it on catch up. Wasn't it the stunning girl who was burned terribly in Sheffield? That was shocking. I find it hard to believe though, after she had repeatedly told others her life was in danger from her husband, that she did that to herself. How could you stand the pain of doing that to yourself?

It must have been broadcast worldwide, as my friend in Hawaii saw it at the same time as I did.

What I found most chilling was that the comment was made that the 'community' acts as the eyes and ears of families. Which to me implied that entire groups are complicit in what goes on, and there's few places to turn to for help for these young women, many of whom have no friends or family in this country, and don't speak or read the language.

Yes, I didn't see it all. You've just reminded me, I'll view it on catch up. Wasn't it the stunning girl who was burned terribly in Sheffield? That was shocking. I find it hard to believe though, after she had repeatedly told others her life was in danger from her husband, that she did that to herself. How could you stand the pain of doing that to yourself?

Yea that one was in Sheffield

It must have been broadcast worldwide, as my friend in Hawaii saw it at the same time as I did.

What I found most chilling was that the comment was made that the 'community' acts as the eyes and ears of families. Which to me implied that entire groups are complicit in what goes on, and there's few places to turn to for help for these young women, many of whom have no friends or family in this country, and don't speak or read the language.

also the fact that the police dont care it must be horrible

also the fact that the police dont care it must be horrible
I'm sure that the police do care, but their hands are tied in many cases, due to a conspiracy of silence and lack of information available to the victims on what to do and where to go to get help.

I was also shocked by the assertion that, far from dying out with the older generation, as the MP had thought it would, it's actually becoming entrenched with young men, and women, espousing the attitude. I find that very odd and really don't understand it.

I'm sure that the police do care, but their hands are tied in many cases, due to a conspiracy of silence and lack of information available to the victims on what to do and where to go to get help.

I was also shocked by the assertion that, far from dying out with the older generation, as the MP had thought it would, it's actually becoming entrenched with young men, and women, espousing the attitude. I find that very odd and really don't understand it.

Neither do i

Archived